No announcement yet.

50Cent talks about d future of SMS; y Floyd won't fight Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    $750,000 is the figure I've always heard.
    my bad youre right, it was 750k

http://ringtalk.com/floyd-mayweather...eaves-bob-arum

I wonder if there was a buy out option in gamboas contract or if TR opted to let him leave for the 1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I see where you are coming from but I dont think 50 is really concerned about making his 1.2M back. If he was, like I said, he wouldnt be giving Gamboa a signing bonus. I think he just wanted Gamboa as a "tool" to get his promoting business off the ground. I think they are pretty close too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Yeah he seems to want to jump into it really fast and get going. Already has the gym and everything and mayweather sr. So far its going fast and its not like he doesnt have enough capital to do it himself, it will take some time before he starts making money though.

Comment

Originally posted by el***
        Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I see where you are coming from but I dont think 50 is really concerned about making his 1.2M back. If he was, like I said, he wouldnt be giving Gamboa a signing bonus. I think he just wanted Gamboa as a "tool" to get his promoting business off the ground. I think they are pretty close too.

Yeah he seems to want to jump into it really fast and get going. Already has the gym and everything and mayweather sr. So far its going fast and its not like he doesnt have enough capital to do it himself, it will take some time before he starts making money though.
        I know 1.2M is a lot of money for anyone and it probably sounds stupid to say 50 is not worried about it but most likely he's seeing the bigger picture. And not really worried about that money. Who knows maybe at one point Gamboa will become an employee of SMS and be able to pay it back.

Comment

50 will be fine, Gamboa can be a huge cash cow. The best thing he did was work with Bob over Floyd.

Comment

Gamboa is a great fighter. But he'll never be a cash cow. He could get to the level of a Sergio Martinez as far as ability, for sure. But just like Sergio, he'll never be a PPV fighter or a really really big name to make big money like Mayweather and Pacquiao, or even guys like Cotto, Alvarez, Chavez, etc. Or even a Marquez as far as drawing power goes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners
              Gamboa is a great fighter. But he'll never be a cash cow. He could get to the level of a Sergio Martinez as far as ability, for sure. But just like Sergio, he'll never be a PPV fighter or a really really big name to make big money like Mayweather and Pacquiao, or even guys like Cotto, Alvarez, Chavez, etc. Or even a Marquez as far as drawing power goes.
              If Gamboa keeps his ability till the age of 37 you're crazy to say he won't be a PPV fighter....

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                If Gamboa keeps his ability till the age of 37 you're crazy to say he won't be a PPV fighter....

He's gotta keep winning and against top level guys.

Comment

I am starting to like 50 cent for the sports. Mayweather is a frigging joke. Greedy and insecure. He's the still one of the best to lace them up, but he's arrogant and childlike. Manny Pac, too, he's need to man up and stop being Arum's child.

I guess the boxing god hates us to put such talent in two of the biggest divas the sport has seen.

Comment

I am starting to like 50 cent for the sport. Mayweather is a frigging joke. Greedy and insecure. He's the still one of the best to lace them up, but he's arrogant and childlike. Manny Pac, too, he's need to man up and stop being Arum's child.

I guess the boxing god hates us to put such talent in two of the biggest divas the sport has seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
                      "He said Mayweather is "hand-picking opponents" and "looking for a reason not to take the [Pacquiao] fight."

ouch, Fiddy about to get heat from floyd fans, watch out Fiddy!
                      Fiddy telling the truth... he used to be a Floyd Roidweather insider, so he knows floyd is chicken-shiot and he knows that floyd shats his pants everytime people talk about Pac to him

Comment

Working...
                      X