Kostya Tszyu vs Oscar De La Hoya @140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kostya Tszyu vs Oscar De La Hoya @140

Who wins and how?

Speed kills, & De La Hoya was never a better fighter, IMO, than at 140. His punching power was also demonic, there --- this would be one of the only fights in his career, maybe the only fight, period, where Tszyu may be at a power disadvantage. He's certainly disadvantaged in enough areas elsewhere --- hand & footspeed, versatility, combinations, all De La Hoya's. Tszyu was great with timing & you need that against quicker men, but I don't think he'd be able to match De La Hoya offensively.

A late stoppage for De La Hoya.

Comment

Oscar really was a freak of nature at 140. His size, speed, power, and skills would just be too much. I know Oscar wasn't prime there, but he was too good to lose this fight IMO.

Comment

Tszyu spent his entire career at 140. It seems that people are forgetting that DLH only had three fights at that weight. And the wins weren't all that incredibly impressive. So much like with Mayweather, calling Oscar great at that weight calls for plenty of speculation. Everyone should compare the fights both had with Miguel Angel Gonzalez before dismissing Tszyu's chances.

However I do admit that this would be a very close and competitive matchup that I can see either fighter winning.

Comment

Tszyu KO'S delehojo in seven. Tszyu applies too much pressure.

Comment

I agree with the man who said this would be a close competitive fight. Tszyu would be a live fighter until the very end. He push Oscar too his limits but I think in the end Oscar takes home the close competitive decision.

Comment

I like Oscar big in this one! De la Hoya was lethal at 140, Rapid quick, powerful, big and lively i could see him stopping Tszyu in around 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Tszyu spent his entire career at 140. It seems that people are forgetting that DLH only had three fights at that weight. And the wins weren't all that incredibly impressive. So much like with Mayweather, calling Oscar great at that weight calls for plenty of speculation. Everyone should compare the fights both had with Miguel Angel Gonzalez before dismissing Tszyu's chances.

However I do admit that this would be a very close and competitive matchup that I can see either fighter winning.
                Why the emphasis on the number of fights? Who cares? If you watch the style of Oscar and can appreciate how great he was it is easy to see that he is the superior fighter in every aspect. Kostya never fought a guy of the caliber of Oscar. Unlike you, I see no way that Kostya pulls off a victory over Oscar. Oscar had footwork, incredible hand speed, phenomenal power, a vicious left hook, a granite chin, and the heart and stamina to match.

Oscar by stoppage and I can not see it any other way unless Kostya were to somehow survive and Oscar were to get robbed again.

Comment

i think Tszyu is an awesome fighter, even a little bit better than de la Hoya. Tszyu by decision

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    Why the emphasis on the number of fights? Who cares? If you watch the style of Oscar and can appreciate how great he was it is easy to see that he is the superior fighter in every aspect. Kostya never fought a guy of the caliber of Oscar. Unlike you, I see no way that Kostya pulls off a victory over Oscar. Oscar had footwork, incredible hand speed, phenomenal power, a vicious left hook, a granite chin, and the heart and stamina to match.

Oscar by stoppage and I can not see it any other way unless Kostya were to somehow survive and Oscar were to get robbed again.
                    Im with u on this one Carlos, This IMHO is one of the easier fantasy fights to predict. ODLH just has too much, speed in particular

Comment

Working...
                    X