No announcement yet.

Beggining Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beggining Training

Hi me and my friend are about to start training starting up pretty soon. Its going to be my friends first time and my second stint, although I was never really serious when I had first trained a couple years back. Anyhow, I was wondering if someone could recommend a workout for begginers, especially their first few weeks. I say for begginers b/c of my friend and also for myself, as I never really learned anything when I trained a few years back. All I ever did was condition and spar every now and then. I want to concentrate this time on skill, but I doubt my trainer will allow us to do that. He has the belief that you condition first, then train for skill.

SO anyhow, if anyone could provide that, that would be great as I want to plan it out ahead of time so my friend and I aren't walking around the gym with no clue as what to move on to next. Also, if someone could provide a sample meal schedule that they use eat in a week, that would be good too. I have a lot of weight to lose so I really need to alter my diet. I want a specific meal plan though of what someone eats, not what is good for you what is bad, etc. I know all that, I just want to see what other people eat when they are training.

Thx!

follow what your trainer says

Comment

Originally posted by Dkknight
      Hi me and my friend are about to start training starting up pretty soon. Its going to be my friends first time and my second stint, although I was never really serious when I had first trained a couple years back. Anyhow, I was wondering if someone could recommend a workout for begginers, especially their first few weeks. I say for begginers b/c of my friend and also for myself, as I never really learned anything when I trained a few years back. All I ever did was condition and spar every now and then. I want to concentrate this time on skill, but I doubt my trainer will allow us to do that. He has the belief that you condition first, then train for skill.

SO anyhow, if anyone could provide that, that would be great as I want to plan it out ahead of time so my friend and I aren't walking around the gym with no clue as what to move on to next. Also, if someone could provide a sample meal schedule that they use eat in a week, that would be good too. I have a lot of weight to lose so I really need to alter my diet. I want a specific meal plan though of what someone eats, not what is good for you what is bad, etc. I know all that, I just want to see what other people eat when they are training.

Thx!
      you should listen to your trainer....he cant train you good unless u r in good enough shape to be trained

Comment

Originally posted by cms
        you should listen to your trainer....he cant train you good unless u r in good enough shape to be trained
        dude your avatar is hilarious

Comment

Simple. Get a new trainer. You can learn skill while getting in better shape. I don't follow any kind of strict diet so I can't help you there. Just make sure to drink a lot of water.

As for training, have him work with you on the target mitts. Don't spar until you have a good understanding of the basics. When you hit the target mitts just right you will feel it. Also make sure he watches that you keep your guard up as and after you punch. This seems to be everyone except Winky Wright's problem.

Comment

Originally posted by boxernyc
            Simple. Get a new trainer. You can learn skill while getting in better shape. I don't follow any kind of strict diet so I can't help you there. Just make sure to drink a lot of water.

As for training, have him work with you on the target mitts. Don't spar until you have a good understanding of the basics. When you hit the target mitts just right you will feel it. Also make sure he watches that you keep your guard up as and after you punch. This seems to be everyone except Winky Wright's problem.
            Could not have said it better myself.

Comment

Yeah, that's true, boxernyc, He keeps his guard up..
              Hopkins likes to keep his right hand up also...
              It's hard to do when you're throwing combinations, but that's where the speed comes in, of course speed can only last so long..

Comment

In the beginning you should work a lot on your defences. Shadowboxing is good too just to get the rythm going.

Comment

Dont forget to run. Also if you can have explosive sessions of sprinting, like sprint for 3 minute intervals then walk while resting

Comment

Run a lot. This will condition you to last longer on the heavy bag or in the ring. Like Prospekt stated, implementing intervals and sprints will further condition you more for fighting.

Echo

Comment

Working...
                    X