No announcement yet.

Joe Hipp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Hipp

I just found out that Joe Hipp is from my hometown. Being that my hometown has about 400 people, I'm not sure how I missed this. I'm new to boxing and just now getting into the history of it. Anybody got his story?

Just what I read on boxrec!He was your normal heavyweight journeyman.His notable losses came to Tommy Morrison,Bert Cooper,Bruce Seldon,and Ross Purrity.His best win probadly was beating Marcus Rhode.His last fight was in 2005.When he beat Ted Reiter by MD.Sorry man,thats all i know.I have never actually seen him fight.

Comment

It's just funny to me, b/c he's a southpaw from my hometown, and he's only a few years older than me. I probably knew him in passing. Anyway, thanks.

Comment

He broke Tommy Morrison jaw and his right hand with his own jaw. LOL Joe was a tough SOB

Comment

I need to see his fight with Morrison. I heard it was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
            I need to see his fight with Morrison. I heard it was awesome.
            he got the better of Tommy for a while but he pulled it of, fought seven rounds with a broken jaw and 5 with a broken hand.
            Hipp got a broken jaw and broken cheek bone

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat
              It's just funny to me, b/c he's a southpaw from my hometown, and he's only a few years older than me. I probably knew him in passing. Anyway, thanks.
              No problem!!

Comment

Morrison-Hipp was a pretty good fight.

Morrison had heart for days.

Comment

the only time i saw Hipp fight was when he got stopped on cuts by Seldon for the WBA belt on the undercard of Tyson's first fight after prison against Mcneeley, that was the weakest and least exciting pairing for a HW title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
                    I just found out that Joe Hipp is from my hometown. Being that my hometown has about 400 people, I'm not sure how I missed this. I'm new to boxing and just now getting into the history of it. Anybody got his story?

Luved Joe Hipp. He was a real blue-collar, take your lunch-pail to work type of fighter. He always came up a little short in the big ones, though...just a notch below; but tougher than a nickel steak.

Get his autograph, if you can.

Comment

Working...
                    X