Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many fighters hiding in the Jr. Middleweight Division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are so many fighters hiding in the Jr. Middleweight Division.

The Charlo Brothers
    Julian Williams
    Tony Harrison
    Demetrius Andrade
    Canelo (To a lesser extent)

Are all huge Jr. Middleweights that should be fighting at middleweight and trying to take over the middleweight division.

I believe thing holding them back is the fear of fighting in the same division as GGG.

I know many of them will move up once GGG moves up to SMW.

All but 2 are Haymon fighters so how are they ducking? Lara wanted him but they declined him.

Canelo has bigger fish to fry and Andrade has legal issues.

It has nothing to do with GGG. Give his nuts some breathing room.

Comment

For most of boxing history light middleweight didn't exist.

I agree, they should be fighting at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
        All but 2 are Haymon fighters so how are they ducking? Lara wanted him but they declined him.

Did you read the post? I clearly said why are these guys, who are massive ( all of them but Canelo are over 6ft tall) fighting in a division they are obviously too big for.

I mean Charlo is fighting Bundrage next and will be over 6 inches taller than him.

I didn't say they were ducking GGG but instead said their trying to conquer a smaller but less talented division instead of moving up and trying to become the best in a better division.
        Last edited by SilverMiles; 08-06-2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Must didn't read the post. I clearly said why are these guys, who are massive ( all of them but Canelo are over 6ft tall) fighting in a division they are obviously too big for.

I mean Charlo is fighting Bundrage next and will be over 6 inches taller than him.
          Every division has guys that are squeezing down to make weight.

Comment

The Charlo Brothers
            Julian Williams
            Tony Harrison
            Demetrius Andrade

Are all huge Jr. Middleweights that should be fighting at middleweight and trying to take over the middleweight division.

I believe thing holding them back is the fear of fighting in the same division as GGG.

All these guys are 25 and under. They'll move up once they get a title or two (Canelo and Boo-Boo already accomplished that.)

Comment

LOL.

Hiding or them mfers can just come in at 154 & this era seems to love guys who win multiple weight division titles? I believe all are pretty young too so its not unusual to see younger cats able to make weights they won't be able to make in another 4+ years.

Comment

Every division has guys that are squeezing down to make weight.
                I suppose but it's odd to me that every American fighter at or around that weight happens to fight at Jr. Middleweight.

Their literally zero up and coming American middleweights (outside of Willie Monroe Jr.) but 6 of them just 6 pounds south and their all massive for the weight class.

Comment

I suppose but it's odd to me that every American fighter at or around that weight happens to fight at Jr. Middleweight.

Their literally zero up and coming American middleweights (outside of Willie Monroe Jr.) but 6 of them just 6 pounds south and their all massive for the weight class.
                  Quillin and Jacobs damn sure weren't born in Zimbabwe.

Bro. This is clearly a GGG slurping thread in disguise. He's probably got bangin Kazakh bitc*es lined up at the door. Let them handle the nut hugging.

Comment

The Charlo Brothers
                    Julian Williams
                    Tony Harrison
                    Demetrius Andrade

Yup. I made this exact thread a little while ago and most of the guys came in here defending the jr middleweights decisions not to move up smh.......

Comment

Working...
                    X