Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it wrong of me to punch this dude?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it wrong of me to punch this dude?

I was out with a good friend of mine and we met up with some old schoolmates from a couple of years back. This circle of friends diss each other hard, there's no limits to them and for me that's a bit too much. So one of these guys is drunk off his a$$ and taunts me, calling me names etc. I'm a pretty big guy and I told him to cool off and just stop harassing me.

Dude didn't stop and kept going, I put up with it for a small half hour and then I gave him one last warning.

I told him if he didn't stop it I would make him, little to my surprise he didn't.

I never engage in violence normally, but the thing he said next was too vulgar for me and he went after my family. So I gave him a bodyshot and apparently it had enough force in it to drop his pants down to his ancles and he went to the floor.

I really didn't put much into it, I rotated my 240 pounds and just came him a right hook to the body.. Guy went down and all his friends started gathering around him and my buddies told me that I was a dick for flooring him. Except for 2-3 guys, they thought he had it coming.

I stood up for my family and myself and I let him know where the line was.

He came back 1 hour after having a time out and had nothing but respect for me, didn't talk trash and was very polite.

People say violence isn't the answer, but it solved this problem....

So was it wrong or was it in place?

I dont know where your from but you say, "it solved the problem". Where im from that may have started the problem. Suppose he gets up and says everything is cool, comes back, and because your such a big guy he decides to shoot you in the face? Ive seen it happen. If he wasnt much of a challenge then maybe you should have shown him your "strength" by grabbing him with authority and letting him know this may get out of hand.

Comment

If you're unhappy with the groups generally accepted banter, the onus is on you to get out of the situation.

I feel you were in the wrong but, then again I'm looking at it inwardly. It's easy to say what should have been done when I'm calm and thinking sensibly.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
        I dont know where your from but you say, "it solved the problem". Where im from that may have started the problem. Suppose he gets up and says everything is cool, comes back, and because your such a big guy he decides to shoot you in the face? Ive seen it happen. If he wasnt much of a challenge then maybe you should have shown him your "strength" by grabbing him with authority and letting him know this may get out of hand.
        I'm not from a country where that would pose a problem, neither am I from the hood or any poor area. The guy is a drunken teenager with no friends and no weapons.

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        If you're unhappy with the groups generally accepted banter, the onus is on you to get out of the situation.

I feel you were in the wrong but, then again I'm looking at it inwardly. It's easy to say what should have been done when I'm calm and thinking sensibly.
        Yeah that's what I thought once I came to my senses and after having talked with my friend on the walk home. This guy though, he had been continually pushing my buttons whenever I would see him. He even pushed me provokingly several times that evening and I actually grabbed him before and told him it could go wrong. He didn't seem to care and just kept going. I have a weakspot when it comes to my family, because I take great pride in them.

He was asking for trouble in general, asked all the girls who passed (even if they had boyfriends) if they'd want to come back to his flat and ****. Walking time bomb..

Comment

You punched a guy because he said something you didn't like? Sounds like a bully to me.

Comment

You gave him repeated warnings....he didn't back down...he deserved what he got. That is all. End of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              You punched a guy because he said something you didn't like? Sounds like a bully to me.
              Never heard of a bully giving repeated warnings before he acts. Sounds like the drunk guy was the bully.

Comment

Ten years ago I would of told you that's what I would of done...now in days is not worth it...it could cost you your life...it don't matter how big you are...

You said his pants dropped after you hit him...can say I believe you but picturing it made me

Comment

Originally posted by Portman View Post

Yeah that's what I thought once I came to my senses and after having talked with my friend on the walk home. This guy though, he had been continually pushing my buttons whenever I would see him. He even pushed me provokingly several times that evening and I actually grabbed him before and told him it could go wrong. He didn't seem to care and just kept going. I have a weakspot when it comes to my family, because I take great pride in them.

He was asking for trouble in general, asked all the girls who passed (even if they had boyfriends) if they'd want to come back to his flat and ****. Walking time bomb..
                  if you are concerned you did something wrong treat it as a learning experience. thankfully it didn't escalate any further this time. it's good the situation was concluded in such an easy way for you, however another time things might escalate and someone may get seriously hurt over what are just words in the end.

i'm not pretending to be a saint, i may have done the same thing as you. however it's important to learn from the experiences you might regret.

Comment

Yeah, pickin' on dudes who don't wear a belt. That make you a tough guy?

Comment

Working...
                    X