No announcement yet.

Tyson vs D Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson vs D Williams

Regarding the Danny Williams fight, Tyson came out strong and very well the first round. But, later in the fight he seemed to have either twisted his angle or tore a tendon. Was this the real reason why he lost or was it a legit KO by Williams?

Tyson was a glorified journeyman from the time he returned from the bite fight suspension. The man was never truly relevant after that. What little hope was left for him to still be a serious challenger was washed out when Lewis dismantled him. His injury in the Williams fight was legit, but he may well have been KO'd in that fight anyway. Tyson was a shell of a shell of himself by that point. Williams won fairly, but it was hardly meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
      Regarding the Danny Williams fight, Tyson came out strong and very well the first round. But, later in the fight he seemed to have either twisted his angle or tore a tendon. Was this the real reason why he lost or was it a legit KO by Williams?
      Both. Tyson sustained an injury which led to a KO by Williams. Would he have won had he not been injured? Pretty good chance, I'd say, but it is what it is.

Comment

Over the hill.

Comment

I thouht he twisted his knee bad, i know he feels he could have won that one injury free.

He gassed out early at that point though and Danny was while taking a beating still full of heart and swinging for the fences - i was worried watching live. He basically just didnt have the fighting guts left at that point either buit at least Danny Williams - who anyone who saw him vs Potter will have a soft spot for, is wise and honest enough to know that he beat a shell and couldnt live with the Real Tyson...

Comment

Punchers go to their graves with their punching power so they have a chance when they fight past their best time. I'm sure Williams is very happy with his victory because that night is their only chance meeting and he took care of Mike very nicely. Theres more excuses for Tyson on this forum then there is Mayweather brown nosers!!! It wasn't a fantasy fight it was real and undisputable. Holyfield took his heart and the bully was exposed, it happens in boxing when fighters step up in competition. Tyson fought nobodies as a young pro, he had tuffer sessions at Cuss's ring than his bouts were.
            Ray.

Comment

He tore his ligaments in his nee at the end of the first round.He was doing good up until that point and I would have given him good chances in that fight healthy.

Either way he was really past it by then.

More of a freak show thing.

Comment

Danny did hit him with a terrific combination! No two ways about that.

Tyson was well prepared for that match technically, he looked great early. But at that stage in his career he wasn't much of a force after 4 or 5 rounds regardless of the injury.

Plus Danny had a good chin back then, even if Tyson didn't get injured I would have given Danny a passable shot at a late stoppage.

Prime for prime is a different story though!

Comment

Tyson had him in the first 30 seconds, he let him hug, Danny did good to weather the storm and comeback and win, they should have had a rematch because of the injury.

Comment

I've never seen the fight, but tyson trained for it at a gym where I was working at that time. The big mistake that was made with Tyson, after his prison sentence, was trying to get him to fight like the "old" Tyson. His old style was based on reflexes and legs that an older guy isn't going to have, especially after a long layoff.

Comment

Working...
                    X