footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• footwork

What some drills to work on footwork?

Running is very important, skipping with a variety of movements can improve footwork significantly. when i was boxing, i would move around the ring on any space that i found for 20 to 30 minutes on my toes. you might feel a little awkward at first but you get better everyday and than before you know it you start floating like muhammad ali. To be able to move like him watch ali's fights and observe his feet, it helps alot.

Comment

Originally posted by adeelr
      To be able to move like him watch ali's fights and observe his feet, it helps alot.
      Where can I get some of his fights on the internet and which fights are the best for watching footwork?

Comment

Jump alot of rope and use a stability ball that helps quite a bit.

Comment

the best fights to watch for footwork are ali vs. liston 1, Ali vs. patterson 1 and 2. these two are the best. i would recommend all the fights before the exile. Also watch sugar ray leonard and tommy hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by JPPLAY
            Where can I get some of his fights on the internet and which fights are the best for watching footwork?
            Foreman-Ali good fight to watch Ali float
            To work on footwork, jump rope, Run, and pratice moving around alot on your toes, because in the ring, if you're leaning on your heels you're going to be easier to wobble. Those should help a little

Comment

Originally posted by Atwa_66
              Foreman-Ali good fight to watch Ali float
              To work on footwork, jump rope, Run, and pratice moving around alot on your toes, because in the ring, if you're leaning on your heels you're going to be easier to wobble. Those should help a little
              I wouldnt watch Ali to improve footwork, IMO his footwork is overated but i suppose it depends how you want to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Midas
                I wouldnt watch Ali to improve footwork, IMO his footwork is overated but i suppose it depends how you want to fight.
                Who do you suggest? If you suggest no one it doesn't help me.

Comment

Originally posted by JPPLAY
                  Who do you suggest? If you suggest no one it doesn't help me.
                  lol, i was thinking you need to provide more info.

Naming random boxers with good footwork isnt a good idea, it a depends on your style.

I have an agressive power punching style so i look at fighters like Tszyu. He has brilliant footwork for his style, you need a solid foundation so you can take and give powerful shots.

Whats your style?

Comment

Originally posted by Midas
                    lol, i was thinking you need to provide more info.

Naming random boxers with good footwork isnt a good idea, it a depends on your style.

I have an agressive power punching style so i look at fighters like Tszyu. He has brilliant footwork for his style, you need a solid foundation so you can take and give powerful shots.

Whats your style?
                    I don't think it's even an arguement, Muhammad Ali was and will always be the best boxer to watch to improve footwork. He was the fastest fighter I have ever seen in the ring, foot wise, if you can think of someone else please let me know

Comment

Working...
                    X