• Joe Frazier vs Rocky Marciano

15 Rounds at HW
    Advantage in....
    Power: Rock
    Speed: Joe
    Stamina: Equal?
    Combinations: ???
    Defense(blocking and head movement):???

Someone please help me decide for the ones with ??? In them.

Very close, but..

Frazier had a better left hook, tougher skin, and was faster. Marciano had a better right, better stamina, and never lost his power as the fight wore on. Very close, but Ali picked Marciano on this one, and I would too. Frazier was very open for the right, and that was Rocky's bread and butter. Bonavena put Frazier down twice with it in their first first. Both men had good chins with the edge slightly to Marciano. Marciano was a bit of a slow starter, but once he reached round three, look out. Joe was a very fast starter.

Comment

I think Joe would climb off the ground to win a decision. In saying that though, I wouldn't be at all concerned with who won. I'd just be sitting there, Corona in one hand Cohiba in the other, with a gigantic smile on my face.

Comment

Joe wasn't a fast starter he always lost the first round.

Frazier decision. Both men have great intangibles and excellent physical attributes. Frazier excells more in the skills department and bobs and weaves his way to a close decions victory.

Comment

Frazier has much better defense than Marciano in my opinion.

Comment

They probably wouldn't be in the best of health afterwards.

Like me after I ate 3 chicken vinadloos in one night. And the beer... my god the beer!

Comment

This quickly turns into a punch-for-punch slugfest. I trust Marciano's chin a lot more than Frazier's. Marciano KO 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                They probably wouldn't be in the best of health afterwards.

Like me after I ate 3 chicken vinadloos in one night. And the beer... my god the beer!
                One of the science channels did a virtual autopsy of Henry VIII.....I didn't eat for a week afterwards

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  Joe wasn't a fast starter he always lost the first round.
                  I was gonna say! Since when is Frazier a "fast starter" :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    One of the science channels did a virtual autopsy of Henry VIII.....I didn't eat for a week afterwards

Poet
                    Bet he kept Anne Boleyn's head for a week afterwards.

I would.

Comment

Working...
                    X