No announcement yet.

Muslim Amazon workers protesting because they don't have enough time to pray

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumpster Juice View Post
    Do you know anything? I see you here always posting some dumb****. while Americans take longer breaks Haha you do realize they want the same breaks with prayer breaks added. No wonder you're having a bad year.
    I know plenty..I see people who get 15 minute breaks take 30 minute breaks every day....I see people who get 30 minute lunches that take 45 minute lunches...

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      To be fair, as I understand it people that work for Amazon don't have time to even piss.
      I worked there a decade ago and if you didn't sprint back to the meeting area after lunch they would chastise you in front of everyone and you were "late" even if you clocked in on time. So, basically, you got around 23 minutes for lunch and those extra seven minutes were spent walking to the time clock to clock out and then running back to the meeting area after you clocked back in. Terrible "culture"

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
        I worked there a decade ago and if you didn't sprint back to the meeting area after lunch they would chastise you in front of everyone and you were "late" even if you clocked in on time. So, basically, you got around 23 minutes for lunch and those extra seven minutes were spent walking to the time clock to clock out and then running back to the meeting area after you clocked back in. Terrible "culture"
        I believe it, something needs to be done about that place. Im all for Corps but theres lines you cant step over IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          I know plenty..I see people who get 15 minute breaks take 30 minute breaks every day....I see people who get 30 minute lunches that take 45 minute lunches...
          Should I get extra weed smoking breaks? It's part of my religion. I can never lose my high while at work because it goes against my religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            So much for being a practicing Jew then, right?

Work on the Sabbath, to hell with Hannukah, and so much for Kosher food options at work, right?

lol
            Wrong. I’d get permission to take the sabbath off. I put it in my contract. But, on the job, I keep my religion to myself. Friday’s, I lusually leave before sun down. I show up sundays, and do my best work alone.

I don’t bother people with my prayer practices. We pray 3 times a day, usually short and concise.

Kosher options at work, were pretty easy... all my bosses were jews. We’d go to synagogue just as the sun was setting Friday evening. I’d show up 3 hours early and get my work in order. Then, we’d put on our
            We were born into it, and we can read the scriptures in Hebrew, with commentary by some of the greatest and most venerated Rabbi explaining the context, subtext, parables, and transliterationing the Torah .

Jews, in general, we don’t like to make waves or be noticed. We don’t have a call to prayer that bothers and irritates others. We know when we must pray. We work hard at not offending others. We don’t need any special treatment...

I put on my Kippah, Tallit and Tefillin. Cleanse our minds and soul and worship GOD.

Later we share a meal, and I break tradition and take a train home.

Comment

I don’t understand ain’t the amazon like the jungle

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Wrong. I’d get permission to take the sabbath off. I put it in my contract. But, on the job, I keep my religion to myself. Friday’s, I lusually leave before sun down. I show up sundays, and do my best work alone.

I don’t bother people with my prayer practices. We pray 3 times a day, usually short and concise.

Kosher options at work, were pretty easy... all my bosses were jews. We’d go to synagogue just as the sun was setting Friday evening. I’d show up 3 hours early and get my work in order. Then, we’d put on our
                We were born into it, and we can read the scriptures in Hebrew, with commentary by some of the greatest and most venerated Rabbi explaining the context, subtext, parables, and transliterationing the Torah .

Jews, in general, we don’t like to make waves or be noticed. We don’t have a call to prayer that bothers and irritates others. We know when we must pray. We work hard at not offending others. We don’t need any special treatment...

I put on my Kippah, Tallit and Tefillin. Cleanse our minds and soul and worship GOD.

Later we share a meal, and I break tradition and take a train home.
                You are talking as if you are a Jewish person, who worked under Jewish people, for a company that was accommodating to your faith. Congratulations.

But, just a thought here, what if that weren't the case? It's not like the skills that you may have are skills that only you possess. Some disaster happens, the company gets bought by some Chinese conglomerate, all your bosses are shown the door, and a new crew gets brought in. And they say "to hell with you taking off a working day".

If you are as deep in your personal faith as you want to claim, that'd be a pretty messed up situation for you to be in, and it's not like there is much you can do about it.

I know a bit about Islam (raised Catholic), but the five prayers are "pre-dawn", "noon", "afternoon", "sunset", and "night", with each prayer (ritual cleaning and all) done in 15 minutes.

Call it an unpaid break, and let folks pray, just as your workplace gave you the space to worship.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  You are talking as if you are a Jewish person, who worked under Jewish people, for a company that was accommodating to your faith. Congratulations.

But, just a thought here, what if that weren't the case? It's not like the skills that you may have are skills that only you possess. Some disaster happens, the company gets bought by some Chinese conglomerate, all your bosses are shown the door, and a new crew gets brought in. And they say "to hell with you taking off a working day".

If you are as deep in your personal faith as you want to claim, that'd be a pretty messed up situation for you to be in, and it's not like there is much you can do about it.

I know a bit about Islam (raised Catholic), but the five prayers are "pre-dawn", "noon", "afternoon", "sunset", and "night", with each prayer (ritual cleaning and all) done in 15 minutes.

Call it an unpaid break, and let folks pray, just as your workplace gave you the space to worship.
                  you hit me with a three piece body shots call reality you...., outside of my safe/expected zone...

If I were you..... I’d rethink what I thought...

I got lil boys calling me a liar, and I’m steady crushing them with facts via mods..

I got a lot of haters who never worked a job... never struggled to achieve.

C Vista.. 29 palms. Re run mount mo there ****. Er... my three nephews call me sir...

GGG Golovkin’s ppl, like my people... my ppl fought and several died... fighting NAZIppression

Can you re direct your anger towards other guys.

Abaraca, pb32? Two kok suckers in dire need of kok.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                    I don’t understand ain’t the amazon like the jungle
                    I just got off the phone with Steven Phil amazon executive.

He was trying to break up with me... I’m not that kinda man... I love him... no ****..he gave me an ultimatum. Be kinder to me... etc..

I asked him about his latest hoe... showed him better Japanese chum sluts.. told him I’d **** him up and take his cats... instant course correction.

Comment

shiiet i forgot all about the one time i worked at this company for a few months. we have this guy that takes random breaks to pray. i forgot all about this! the company allows him to take his breaks at a different time compare to the rest of the employees.

Comment

Working...
                      X