No announcement yet.

Darchinyan vs Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Just had the same thought on Twitter. Intriguing crossroads bout. And why would anyone want to see Arce? he's never been in Vic's league and that fight wasn't close the first time. Vic fights all comers. Arce never has. There is a reason for that, occasionally matching tough but mostly waiting for some vacant belt against a pick-a-foe or some name he avoided in their prime who can now barely walk to the ring.
    Arce was able to stop a live prospect in Vazquez Jr which I felt was a more formidable opponent than Del Valle tonight vs Darchinyan.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      Very interesting indeed. Rigo's thrid pro fight was vs Giovanni Andrade which came in at 59-11. Andrade was very akward, by no means on the same league as Darchinyan but a frustrating style no less.

In this fight I can see Rigondeaux figuring out Darchinyan by the mid rounds and stopping him..
      Valle was too inexperienced to handle what Vic brought to the table. He couldn't time him, lacked technique and was always a step behind Darchinyan. Rigo is too defensively sound for Vic to catch him over and over with his signature uppercut. Rigo is also a counter-puncher, so Vic will be forced to lead. I got Rigo winning, but it's still a very good match-up nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
        Arce was able to stop a live prospect in Vazquez Jr which I felt was a much more formidable opponent than Del Valle tonight vs Darchinyan.
        Yes, but that was Darchinyan's step down after going beast after beast for a couple years. WV2 wasn't more impressive than shelling Yonnhy at 18 and nothing about Arce indicates he would do much better now than he did the first time versus Vic. Rather see Vic continue to do what he's always done and test himself tough while Arce waits to be cashed out against someone Donaire and stays on the psuedo-stiff circuit he's most comfortable on. Arce is fun to watch. He's great TV.

Rigo probably beats Vic but I'd love to see that.

Comment

I love Vic but all that headbutting tonight was some serious bull****. I honestly felt bad for that kid as if he wasn't in deep as it was and not once did he complain or play on it when he probably should of milked it to fcuk.

Rigondeaux though absolutely molests Vic.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I love Vic but all that headbutting tonight was some serious bull****. I honestly felt bad for that kid as if he wasn't in deep as it was and not once did he complain or play on it when he probably should of milked it to fcuk.

Rigondeaux though absolutely molests Vic.
            I picked Del Valle to win and didn't have a problem with him losing but watching Darchinyan fighting so damn dirty kinda pissed me off and wouldn't mind seeing him get KTFO in a farewell fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
              Rigo gets to overrated on here and has only a handful of fights
              I agree he get talked about quite a bit Larry mah homie. But he deserves it. He is a very serious problem for anyone who gets in the ring with him, and probably has so much Boxing knowledge swimmin around his head in a fight that it makes the fight even more difficult for him than it really is.

Rigo KOs Vic, and it wont even be funny. I say make this fight, but Im almost absolute that we will all end up feeling very sorry for Vic after that fight is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
                I picked Del Valle to win and didn't have a problem with him losing but watching Darchinyan fighting so damn dirty kinda pissed me off and wouldn't mind seeing him get KTFO in a farewell fight.
                Darchinyan simply exposed Del Valle's inexperience. Happens all the time man. Del Valle couldn't adjust, although he had a few moments late

Comment

Dont trust Vic's chin so much lately. That and his power just did not carry over as well as i thought it would...these last fights have shown. Horrible matchup for him though with Rigo. Keep him away from Rigo please. Love Vic, would hate to see him get KOd again.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Dont trust Vic's chin so much lately. That and his power just did not carry over as well as i thought it would...these last fights have shown. Horrible matchup for him though with Rigo. Keep him away from Rigo please. Love Vic, would hate to see him get KOd again.
                    He's fighting bigger guys, some of them with wicked beards. he ran through Perez who had a pretty good chin. I don't expect many KO's at 22 for sure. His punch resistance is not what it was, but Rigo is so precise and low volume that it makes the fight interesting. Darch would be a great gauge of where Rigo is while giving him a chance to really reach for one in his older age.

Comment

For all of vic's experience he is still an undisciplined fighter. People often think of unorthodox as a positive but he is unorthodox and undisciplined. He would lose early rounds by not being able to get off consistently and get desperate with bombs, which would be the death of him. Would be a good step up for rigo though and a chance for vic to take down a young bull for relevance. Good fight for both, bad result for one. Make it happen

Comment

Working...
                      X