No announcement yet.

I miss old school boxers 80's & 90's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss old school boxers 80's & 90's

My first in the list is Mike Tyson: He made me a boxing fan!!

We need boxers like this, with this kind of commitment to the sport.

Feel free to add yours

His sparring videos on Youtube are more exciting than most fights nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post

Feel free to add yours
      Yea there were no Duck masters, Delahoya, Pacquiao were good cherry Pickers than came Floyd and he out did these two now we Broner fighting midgets. Yea I can see why you miss the 80's and 90's

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Don't order Floyds PPV save your money

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Yea there were no Duck masters, Delahoya, Pacquiao were good cherry Pickers than came Floyd and he out did these two now we Broner fighting midgets. Yea I can see why you miss the 80's and 90's
          Oscar was a cherry picker?

Last edited by Light_Speed; 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post

Feel free to add yours
            lol what a fckin joke.

Tyson won his first title in 86 and by 89 he was already lax in his training and letting his personal life get in the way of boxing.

Commitment to the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

If you thought the 80s and 90s were great, you should have been around in the 70s (and early 80s). There were world title fights on free television almost every weekend. Almost all of Larry Holmes Hwt title fights were on free TV. Alexis Arguello, Mike Spinks, and Hagler were on free TV all the time. My favorite was when Bobby Chacon, Bazooka Limon, Cornelios Boza-Edwards and Rolando Navaette took turns trying to kill each other for the WBC 130lb belt. As they say, those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  Dont know how De La Hoya is a Cherry picker. guy fought the best from the late 90's all the way til he retired. And Pacquiao fought the best opposition at each weight almost his whole career. dont know how they are cherry pickers.

Comment

I miss the 80's and 90's where guys like Tyson could beat up old ladies in elevators for their purses and no one cared, or hit their wife so hard they bragged about it being the hardest punch he ever landed in public.

Great times~

Comment

Working...
                    X