Prenup Left Arturo Gatti's Wife Nothing in the Event of Divorce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prenup Left Arturo Gatti's Wife Nothing in the Event of Divorce

As reported by the Associated Press:

MONTREAL -- A prenuptial agreement would have left boxer Arturo Gatti's wife nothing -- not even alimony -- in the case of divorce.

A court heard Thursday that Gatti had insisted on the prenuptial agreement. He later tore up a copy of the agreement in a demonstration of love for his wife, but the original document was still valid.

Gatti's widow, Amanda Rodrigues, is in a court battle with the late boxer's family over his estate. Gatti's family doesn't believe Brazilian authorities' conclusion that he committed suicide.

The court heard that one week after Gatti tore up a copy of the prenuptial agreement, he contacted his law firm to ensure the original copy was still intact.

A secretary at lawyer John Lynch's firm testified that Gatti called and asked that a copy of the contract be sent to a Montreal lawyer he'd consulted for a divorce from Rodrigues in May 2009.

The couple took a vacation together, and the 37-year-old Gatti was found dead at a Brazilian seaside resort in July 2009.

How odd that a pre-nup leaves her with nothing but a death leaves her with everything. Surely the said pre-nup covers death?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      How odd that a pre-nup leaves her with nothing but a death leaves her with everything. Surely the said pre-nup covers death?
      Apparently not. The widow and Gatti's family are embroiled in a legal battle for Arturo's estate.

Man, this thing stinks....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Apparently not. The widow and Gatti's family are embroiled in a legal battle for Arturo's estate.

Man, this thing stinks....
        Sad thing is nothing will bring the man back. Still, there should at least be justice hinging on truth.

Comment

I totally agree.

I hate to throw any more suspicion on Gatti's widow, since she's been found (at least for now) innocent of wrongdoing in Arturo's demise. But Rodrigues really has to remain a prime suspect in Gatti's death. (If you want to call it murder, well that's just fine with me.) All these little tidbits about Gatti and Rodrigues's relationship only add fuel to the fire, if you ask me.

A man's death is in question by at least one group of investigators. The case must be looked at again more closely. As far as I'm concerned, the Brazilian authorities are letting their egos (or something else more sinister) get in the way of the truth.

Comment

holy ****, that woman definitely looks to blame. I smell an OJ

Comment

Oh my goodness. If she gets acquitted, she needs to be dealt with.

Comment

Anyone with a bit sense knows she done it. How the fcuk she has got away with it for this long is beyond me

Comment

I hope she gets the chair.

Comment

Fighting for his monies only makes her look worse.

Comment

Working...
                    X