Greatest chins of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
      there is a big difference being knocked out by a punch and kick, or even knee.

we are talking boxing..so Vitali is definately there!
      Disagree, had a good chin but I dont think he had 1 of the best chins of all time.

Comment

Golovkin comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
          There were some great ones and I’m not going to operate as a cheat sheet
          I will construct my list in the P4P sense, meaning I’m going across the weight classes here.

My top five (okay, six) ever:

1. George Chuvalo
          I feel that George staying on his feet throughout almost 100 pro fights in probably the best era of HWs all-time said more about his chin than anything I can say about him here.

2. Oliver McCall
          Oliver was a man with the front end of a locomotive for a face! I was recently watching him in sparring with peak Mike Tyson, going full bore to McCall’s chin and body. The dude’s a legend just for that. Fought in one of the best HW generations ever. Never stopped and never rocked.

3. Jake LaMotta
          This guy basically ignored defense because his skull was (scientifically proven after he died) unusually thick and strong. And he still lived well into his nineties in spite of taking some intense firepower from some of the best middleweights in history, including my all-time pick for best boxer ever, SRR.

4. Larry Holmes
          Took That Shot from Earnie Shavers. Walked right back into battle.

5. David Tua
          Another heavyweight chin that seemed to be etched out of the rock, Tua withstood some pretty ferocious onslaughts, shook them off, and kept coming forward.

6. Marvelous M. Hagler
          Marvelous was a beast. A true tough guy who took as good as he gave. I believe he once said that if they opened up his head, they’d just find another boxing glove. He was a true fightin’ man and as far as I know, was never put on the canvas under the lights or in sparring.

And now, honorable mentions for the best chins of today:

1. Johann Duhaupas
          Deontay Wilder landed the very same shot that crumpled Brazeele, on Duhaupas’ temple. The sound reverberated and you can still see and hear it on YouTube. Wilder followed that up with several wild haymakers to his face that backed him into the ropes and had his face a bloody mess. The fight WAS waved off, but anyone who keeps their feet under a titanic barrage from Wilder definitely has my respect. It’s also been mentioned above how he went twelve with Baby Miller and weathered some brutal shots in that fight, too. His chin is probably top 25 P4P all-time.

2. Andy Ruiz
          Took AJ’s best shots, got up, weathered some more, and preceded to walk AJ down and deliver an old fashioned humiliation on the guy. That chin deserves some recognition; love him or hate him, not many HW’s can take AJ’s best and proceed to walk him down.

3. Canelo Alvarez
          I still don’t know how he took that overhand right from GGG in their first fight, and shook his head like it was nothing. His skull literally deformed for a moment! I literally don’t have words...

4. Shawn Porter
          Takes pre-accident Errol Spence’s bear hook, jumps back up with his senses intact, and screams “Let’s Go!”. Seriously, the guy deserves to be remembered for that moment. That was a legendary, manly moment that he can tell his grandkids about someday.

5. Gennadiy Golovkin
          The dude has some serious beard. He takes some brutal shots and shakes them off like they are make of paper machiae. I still don’t know how he didn’t go down with some of the shots he took from Derevyanchenko. In the first fight with Canelo there is also a point where Canelo lands the very same punch that nearly killed Amir Khan, and GGG doesn’t even flinch. You can literally see Canelo’s eyes widen when that happened. It’s on YouTube.
          Last edited by Legends456; 01-29-2020, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Chavez sr had an abnormally thick cranium and his chin was titanium.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
              Haha ATG chin!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                With a headguard on, too.

never saw this before. Keep in mind he got nailed on the jaw with a spinning hook kick he never saw. Headgear was not a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
                  never saw this before. Keep in mind he got nailed on the jaw with a spinning hook kick he never saw. Headgear was not a factor.
                  That makes it worse, if he never saw it coming.

Comment

Working...
                  X