Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training for a fight. (2 month preparation)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training for a fight. (2 month preparation)

As many of you know, some don't... I am gonna put my skills to work on the 9th of August 2003, at the House Of Champions for an MMA event that is providing fights of both in Muay Tai Kickboxing and Pancrase. I am one of the pancrase matches.

My opponent is Rudy Suissa of Sherman Oaks, California. We are both going to be fighting at the 155 lb. class. He is 6'0 tall. To give you folks a good idea of the match up between stats, here are mine:

Height: 5'3.5
    Weight: 155

(normally 170 lbs, but I am dropping for this fight)
    Skills: Grappling/ Jiu Jitsu
    Training: Iha Jiu Jitsu/ HB Ultamite Training Center
    Hometown: Huntington Beach, California

I have been training for a while now, but due to personal injuries, it has been quite sporatic over the past few months.

I fight in exactly 2 months from today. Today I stop all the nasty foods, start running..... get my cardio up, and in about a week..... hit BJJ with Fabiano and all the boys at HB Ultamite Training. I have also set up something to go train with Jermemy Jackson throughout these next 2 months to help me prepare for my stand up against this guy who has 4.5 in. of reach and 9 in. of height on me.

Today, I run, lift weights, and start stretching out all my tendons and muscles that have been stiffed up and hurt in the past few weeks. Today I do not over do it, but gradually begin to endure the pain, struggle and mind control of what it takes to get ready to step in that ring on the 9th.

Today, I will begin with alot of streching, then I will start with 20 minutes of running, 5 minutes of jumping rope, and 5 minutes of endurance proposal-squats of just body weight.......... totalling 30 minutes of cardio. Following that, I will work on triceps.
    *Cardio = 30 minutes;
    *Triceps = 3 tricep excersises at 4 sets of 15 reps of equal body weight

That will be it for today, tomarrow I will rest.

-Adam Salas
    June 9, 2003

Good luck man, I'm definitely in your corner

Comment

Rudy ain't gonna' know what ****ing hit him.

Comment

Get on the hamster wheel Adam

Seriously, good luck bro. I'll be there watching

Comment

I hopefully will be there too, competing and/ or watching.

Comment

2 months is a good length of time to get right for this Dogg...you should come in peaking which will be ideal

Comment

Today was light again, but i feel it all comming back to me. I started with some streching (which should go without saying), 20 minutes of running, 5 minutes of jumping rope, and 5 minutes of endurance proposal-squats of just body weight.......... totalling 30 minutes of cardio. Following that, I worked a bit on my biceps and abs.
              *Cardio = 30 minutes;
              *Biceps = 4 tricep excersises at 4 sets of 15 reps of equal body weight;
              *Abs = 4 sets of 30 reps of crunches, 3 sets of 50 reps of sit ups, 3 sets of 50 reps of more crunches

After this little cardio workout I shadow boxed for about 20 minutes and manged my footwork for perfection for about another 10 minutes. My body is not done, but I should relax. I should'nt over do it. This seems good enough for being out for the last month and building back up. It won't take long, just need to break the muscles back into place so my body feels 100% comfortable again.

I will be at it again tomarrow. I plan to roll over to Iha's place at the HB Ultamite Training Center tomarrow. Get back at you all then, thanks for the support!

- Adam Salas
              June 11, 2003

Comment

Today I went to Fabiano's in the morning. Learned 2 new escapes and a new armbar. Did the usual... drilled each move for 5 minutes each, then rolled 1, 10 minute round with a guy that seemed to be about 170 lbs. or so.... and rolled an additional 2, 5 minute rounds with a guy that looked to be about 250 lbs or so. This totalling 3 rounds and 20 minutes of rolling. I was dyin from the 10 minute round, haveing 30 seconds to rest, then going 1, 5 minute round, 30 second rest, then another 5 minute round. My cardio is definately getting better though.

Later in the day, I did 30 minutes of running, and sprinted the last 3 minutes of the run. Following that, I worked on my chest.
                *MMA Training = 1 1/2 hrs.; BJJ, Takedowns.
                *Cardio = 30 minutes; running;
                *Chest = 3 excersises at 4 sets of bench pressing at 12 reps of 150 lbs, 3 sets of butterflies at 10 reps at 150 lbs., 3 sets of push-ups at 25 reps.

Today felt good. Tomarrow I am going down to HOC (House Of Champions) to train. Be back soon.

- Adam Salas
                June 12, 2003

Comment

Good job Adam. Get that cardio up

Comment

Today was a good day. I ran in the morning and went training at House Of Champions (HOC) in Sherman Oaks, CA at night for about 2-3 hours.

In the morning, I did 30 minutes of running, and sprinted the last 3 minutes of the run (like usual).
                    *Cardio = 30 minutes; running.

At HOC in the evening, I worked my jiu-jitsu and takedown skills. My takedowns are getting good. I got really frustrated that I was not connecting 100% and implimenting the takedowns like i should have. I finally saw what i was doing wrong and hit it over and over everytime after that. I burned a little bit of skin off my feet from performing my "soon-to-be" devestating takedowns, lol. The way I was working the takedown was by getting a partner and just drilling for a few to get the stance going and all. Drilling is key and after doing it do many times it tends to come habitual. After that I would take that same partner, have him throw on some gloves and have him just come swinging while i block, and strike back.... but my main objective was too not get hit, maybe tap his face up to leave him stunned for a second and go for the takedown. takedowns....... matt hughes style. recognize.
                    *MMA Training = 2-3 hrs.; BJJ, Takedowns.

Tomarrow I wake up early and train again at HOC with some of the boys that are fighting on the same card. Be back tomarrow with some more good news....... hopefully.

- Adam Salas
                    June 13, 2003

Comment

Working...
                    X