Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander is a WORSE quitter than Ortiz!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon Alexander is a WORSE quitter than Ortiz!

Alexander didn't have a broken jaw or anything as severe as that against Bradley and he still quit the fight screaming! Ortiz had a broken jaw against Lopez so at least he had a good enough reason to quit and he didn't go out screaming like Alexander.

And against Maidana, Ortiz was floored multiple times so he was clearly taking damage but even though I can't really excuse that one, it's still more justifiable than Alexander quitting against the feather-fisted Bradley!

Alexander is a worse quitter than Ortiz in my book. What's your take?
    Alexander is a WORSE quitter than Ortiz
    52.78%
    Ortiz is a WORSE quitter than Alexander
    41.67%
    They both about the SAME type of quitter
    5.56%

Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
      Alexander didn't have a broken jaw or anything as severe as that against Bradley and he still quit the fight screaming! Ortiz had a broken jaw against Lopez so at least he had a good enough reason to quit and he didn't go out screaming like Alexander.

And against Maidana, Ortiz was floored multiple times so he was clearly taking damage but even though I can't really excuse that one, it's still more justifiable than Alexander quitting against the feather-fisted Bradley!

Definetley, Alexander gave up because he had no way of winning a round off Bradley.

Comment

Alexanders heart has never been a question for me besides wasn't that a Doctors stoppage?

Alexander got dropped hard by the huge hitting Matthysse and battled on. He was also under fire from Urango & came back to stop him!

Ortreez has quit multiple times. I suppose you could count him throwing the lead he had built up against Peterson away as another quit job as he seemed to not want to engage.

Alexander is actually a very talented fighter, Ortiz IMO isn't, hes just a regular guy with a good punch and little real boxing ability. I don't expect people to agree with that but that is my honest opinion. I'm just not high on the kid and never have been. As soon as things start not going his way he looks for a way out.

Comment

F-ck out of here. And I dont care for Devon like that.

Comment

Devon AAARRRRGHHH IT BUUURNNSSSSSSS Alexander was a terrible quitter in the Bradley fight, but I don't think he's quite at Ortiz's level for quitting yet, who as well as quitting on a couple of occasions, may arguably have been looking for a way out of the Mayweather fight also.

As for the severity of Ortiz's injury in his last fight, I don't doubt that it was very bad and therefore it's difficult to criticise him too much for it. Although having said that, there are other fighters who have fought through similarly serious injuries, and Ortiz didn't attempt to do this. Also, when you consider he'd already quit on a previous occasion, I think there are more questions over his mental toughness in these situations than is the case with Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Alexanders heart has never been a question for me besides wasn't that a Doctors stoppage?

Alexander got dropped hard by the huge hitting Matthysse and battled on. He was also under fire from Urango & came back to stop him!

Ortreez has quit multiple times. I suppose you could count him throwing the lead he had built up against Peterson away as another quit job as he seemed to not want to engage.

Alexander is actually a very talented fighter, Ortiz IMO isn't, hes just a regular guy with a good punch and little real boxing ability. I don't expect people to agree with that but that is my honest opinion. I'm just not high on the kid and never have been. As soon as things start not going his way he looks for a way out.
              I disagree with the part that Ortiz is average, but agree with everything else. Ortiz is very talented in his own way. But his heart doesn't match his skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post

voted 1st option. What Devon did outright gets ignored

Comment

Ortiz is the worst quitter in history

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Alexander is actually a very talented fighter, Ortiz IMO isn't, hes just a regular guy with a good punch and little real boxing ability.
                    I don't see this huge talent people talk about in Alexander. He did do well against Maidana, however Maidana's not exactly a slick boxer himself.

Alexander, to me, is just a reasonable boxer-puncher who throws a lot of punches (especially jabs) many of which fall short. He was outboxed by Bradley and especially Kotelnik, who I think he got a gift against.

Comment

Working...
                    X