Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Adrien Broner, Marcos Maidana Near Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this gets made. I don't think it is PPV worthy but I do want to see it.

Comment

I'd buy this PPV before I'd buy that Pac/Rios bs.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
        I hope this gets made. I don't think it is PPV worthy but I do want to see it.
        I'm sure they will stack the card to help the PPV Buys. Broner is a good self promoter compared to other boxers. Hes reaching out to audiences outside the boxing community and turning them into fans or interested haters.

Comment

PPV? hahahaha they're trippin hard

Adrian's performance against Paulie was not anywhere close to impressive.

They're definitely jumping the gun with Adrian on PPV at this stage in his career.

Andre Ward is much more deserving of a PPV card than Broner, and I wouldn't buy a A.Ward PPV unless he has another performance like his Dawson's fight, against a well respected champion.

I'm not hating on Adrian at all, just keeping it real. He talks much better than he fights. I think homie has a lot of potential, but until he fights some hungry hard hitters, and impresses, he should continue showcasing his growth on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
            I'd buy this PPV before I'd buy that Pac/Rios bs.
            I respect you opinion but imo, Manny is a tried and true entertaining boxer who goes to war, has dbl the fights, triple the championships, more K.O.s than both these dudes have fights.

Broner hasn't even fought a hard hitter, wasn't at all impressive against Paulie (He got a SD ffs) and ppl think he should be lined up for a PPV.... wow.... Maybe on a Pac or FMJ undercard, but that's it

Comment

Originally posted by Zenkai View Post
              I respect you opinion but imo, Manny is a tried and true entertaining boxer who goes to war, has dbl the fights, triple the championships, more K.O.s than both these dudes have fights.

Broner hasn't even fought a hard hitter, wasn't at all impressive against Paulie (He got a SD ffs) and ppl think he should be lined up for a PPV.... wow.... Maybe on a Pac or FMJ undercard, but that's it
              Its nothing against Manny, its just the matchup. I'd pay to watch Manny but verses Rios? Nope. Basically if you put these 2 matchups in front of me and I can only afford 1, I'm watching Broner/Maidana. Rios is so slow that I think the only reason it would go longer than 1 round is if Pac wants to , for some odd reason, make it look tough. That fight is so trash to me. There's at least gotta be a threat there and there's none. Even if a B level fighter demolished another b leveler in his previous fight, at least some people might have the thought of " man could he do that to Pac"? But there's nothing there, its just like eh.
              Last edited by ThatDude44; 09-14-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Good fights now becoming ppvs. There is no way this is ppv worthy, just like Pac/Rios is a non ppv worthy fight(especially with that undercard), and certainly JMM/Bradley is a WCB bout. At this rate there will be more ppv's than hbo/sho fights. We already pay high rates for these networks, stop with the ppv bs. I won't buy a single one of these ppvs, even though they are all 3 solid fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                  Its nothing against Manny, its just the matchup. I'd pay to watch Manny but verses Rios? Nope. Basically if you put these 2 matchups in front of me and I can only afford 1, I'm watching Broner/Maidana. Rios is so slow that I think the only reason it would go longer than 1 round is if Pac wants to , for some odd reason, make it look tough. That fight is so trash to me. There's at least gotta be a threat there and there's none. Even if a B level fighter demolished another b leveler in his previous fight, at least some people might have the thought of " man could he do that to Pac"? But there's nothing there, its just like eh.
                  There is something though, at least imo. Manny's biggest enemy is himself, especially after the dramatics of his last bout. People want to see how he bounces back after two consecutive losses. I agree Rios isn't interesting at all, but he's been asking for this for a while and now is an intriguing time for this to be made. Rios is strong, young, hungry, and bold. There will be A LOT on pressure on Manny, in and outside the ring. Lets see how he handles it...

Hopefully a stunning performance. His skill and experience alone is worth the PPV alone, imo, not to mention the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenkai View Post
                    There is something though, at least imo. Manny's biggest enemy is himself, especially after the dramatics of his last bout. People want to see how he bounces back after two consecutive losses. I agree Rios isn't interesting at all, but he's been asking for this for a while and now is an intriguing time for this to be made. Rios is strong, young, hungry, and bold. There will be A LOT on pressure on Manny, in and outside the ring. Lets see how he handles it...

Hopefully a stunning performance. His skill and experience alone is worth the PPV alone, imo, not to mention the details.
                    I hear what your saying. I just wish it was like 1 step up from Rios. He doesn't have to fight a big dog but someone decent. I hear you though.

Comment

Working...
                    X