Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Don George-David Lopez Early ESPN FNF Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was @ the fight live and thought it was a competitive fight with Granados being much more active and busier. I am going to watch it again this time not in person to get a better perspective on the fight. I was shocked when Teddy had it 8-2 and the fans did also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
      I was @ the fight live and thought it was a competitive fight with Granados being much more active and busier. I am going to watch it again this time not in person to get a better perspective on the fight. I was shocked when Teddy had it 8-2 and the fans did also.
      was there a good crowd on hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Fruit View Post
        was there a good crowd on hand?
        it was an alright crowd def not the best 8 count does @ UIC. when they have a Polish fighter mainly Andrzej Fonfara fighting the place is rocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
          You're not alone. I had Granados up 1, maybe 2, rounds going into the 12th, although I thought he closed out much stronger than Cintron and deserved the nod. Cintron talking about fighting 5 more fights is a very bad idea. He looks terribly lethargic. His best years are long behind him.

I thought the second draw was worse TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            You're not alone. I had Granados up 1, maybe 2, rounds going into the 12th, although I thought he closed out much stronger than Cintron and deserved the nod. Cintron talking about fighting 5 more fights is a very bad idea. He looks terribly lethargic. His best years are long behind him.

Man, I just can't agree there. I was trying to get some action on Cintron as well but he just didn't let his hands go enough. Honestly, I thought he should have laid Granados out in a few rounds. You could see that when he opened up, he hurt the kid but he was EXTREMELY passive and looked very slow.

I had Granados winning pretty convincingly...maybe gave Cintron 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Man, I just can't agree there. I was trying to get some action on Cintron as well but he just didn't let his hands go enough. Honestly, I thought he should have laid Granados out in a few rounds. You could see that when he opened up, he hurt the kid but he was EXTREMELY passive and looked very slow.

I had Granados winning pretty convincingly...maybe gave Cintron 3 rounds.
              For me, mathed, it was pointless aggression for Granados. I agree with you, wholeheartedly that Cintron was passive, but when he threw, his shots were more precise, even if there was not much leather behind them at times. Again, I thought Granados won, I do, just not by a landslide. I think there a handful of slower paced rounds where Cintron took them, not to mention his two big rounds. For me, the damage to Granados face was proof the fight was not a runaway victory.

Comment

Originally posted by negativegain
                Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

It had been a good year for Chicago boxing so far and it all got ****ed away in one night. Smh

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

i agree. cintron is completely done.
                and while don george looked very ordinary tonight, he deserved a clear unanimous decision.
                like teddy, i was outraged by both of these horribly incorrect decisions.

with that said, i will always tune into a donovan george fight. he may be limited in his prowess, but it is always exciting. much like Michael katsidis.

very hesitant to put george in the same sentence as arturo gatti, but cut from the same cloth.
                Yea there's no hope in Cintron If he cant beat an inexperienced kid with 10 fights or however many Granados has.

George has always been ordinary but like you said he makes for exciting fights and a tough guy too. I think his 1-2 got a little too repetitive and after a while even the old and slow man was able to avoid them. It wasn't till the end of the 11th I think and the 12th when George decided to start throwing looping shots. Had he done that earlier he would've gotten the guy out of there.

Another thing, I'm not sure George cutting weight is a good idea either.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post

The fight inky went 10 rounds, so what's the "going into the 12th" ? Judges Hecko & McCarthy need their licenses pulled...I had it 4 Adrian, 7-3...Cintron is shot, enuff said...George will b ko'd, w/that no defense style, by any elite guy in his division, which is why Lopez was brought in, he can't punch...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                    The fight inky went 10 rounds, so what's the "going into the 12th" ? Judges Hecko & McCarthy need their licenses pulled...I had it 4 Adrian, 7-3...Cintron is shot, enuff said...George will b ko'd, w/that no defense style, by any elite guy in his division, which is why Lopez was brought in, he can't punch...
                    I dont think anyone actually expects any big accomplishments from Don George or expect him to step up to the elite levels. I just appreciate the guy for the entertainment he brings.

Comment

it was ironic to see two hometown fighters win and not get a decision. boxing fans are used to seeing it go the other way

Comment

Working...
                      X