Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Who Will Stand Up For Lucas Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't 163.5 pounds, you must be blind or stupid to think so It was obvious mistake of broadcaster - most likely it was 153.5 pounds. Lucas ALWAYS weighs in at ~150+lbs and looks the same. Some people really need to use their brains from time to time and don't believe everything what they see in TV

Comment

Originally posted by Matys View Post
      He wasn't 163.5 pounds, you must be blind or stupid to think so It was obvious mistake of broadcaster - most likely it was 153.5 pounds. Lucas ALWAYS weighs in at ~150+lbs and looks the same. Some people really need to use their brains from time to time and don't believe everything what they see in TV
      Actually, I corresponded with a Showtime spokesman, who went and double-checked and confirmed that Matthysse was 163.5.

Thanks for your comment, though.

-David

Comment

I can't believe that, he definitely didn't look like this and he has never weighed in at even close to 160 pounds. I didn't notice commentators to say anything about this huge factor and they always notice such things, so i assume they had it different in their notes.

It was impossible, he was 25 pounds heavier than in official weigh in.

Comment

I think the hardcores are overrating this guy he is not that good danny garcia makes a full of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Matys View Post
            I can't believe that, he definitely didn't look like this and he has never weighed in at even close to 160 pounds. I didn't notice commentators to say anything about this huge factor and they always notice such things, so i assume they had it different in their notes.

It was impossible, he was 25 pounds heavier than in official weigh in.
            I completely understand your disbelief — I was, and am, in complete disbelief as well. But that's why I did my due diligence and touched base with the Showtime folks on site. It's a ridiculous figure.

Take care, and thanks again.
            -David

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              Golden Boy needs to promote and manage Matthysse better. Now is their chance, they have an explosive and exciting fighter in their hands.
              how can you say Danny is ducking Lucas then turn around and say something like THAT?!?...GBP control both dudes and if you don't hear Oscar or the Swiss Banker calling for the fight then how can Danny be ducking Lucas?!?...because the belt makers say he's next?!?...who are they?!?...promoters OWN them, they put them lil' dudes in their pockets....its a pimp/prostitute working relationship there!!

I've been saying it...GBP is to blame for the fight not happening and @ dudes in denial about Lucas entering the ring as a SMW...I bet yall think the pill he took was legit as well LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                how can you say Danny is ducking Lucas then turn around and say something like THAT?!?...GBP control both dudes and if you don't hear Oscar or the Swiss Banker calling for the fight then how can Danny be ducking Lucas?!?...because the belt makers say he's next?!?...who are they?!?...promoters OWN them, they put them lil' dudes in their pockets....its a pimp/prostitute working relationship there!!

I've been saying it...GBP is to blame for the fight not happening and @ dudes in denial about Lucas entering the ring as a SMW...I bet yall think the pill he took was legit as well LOL
                Wow, Matthysse made your Philly fighter shook and now you're accusing him of PEDs? Matthysse has all of you dudes shook, is he really that scary to you guys? He's only human.

Keep running Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  Wow, Matthysse made your Philly fighter shook and now you're accusing him of PEDs? Matthysse has all of you dudes shook, is he really that scary to you guys? He's only human.

Keep running Danny.
                  typical you

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    typical you
                    How can you even begin to defend Danny right now? I was rooting for him against Judah but now he backed out of that fight too. He claims to have a rib injury, and others say it's his thumb. His own sparring partner accused him of lying about his "injury" which apparently was unheard of until Matthysse knocked Dallas out.

Danny Garcia is scared of Lucas, and he will duck him.

Comment

blue collar fighters getting paid peanuts while bum ass berto gets one mill to lose title fights. pitiful.
                      Last edited by John Barron; 01-28-2013, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X