No announcement yet.

71 Ali vs Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali by stoppage in the late rounds.

Marciano has a better chance of beating 60s Ali because atleast he has chance of a KO, where Ali had been seriously hurt by cooper. Some guys chins seem to get better when they put on weight and Ali was one of them. Ditto for foreman in his comeback. Marciano aint outboxing Ali, he needs a KO and I pick Ali both time periods though give him a better chance with 60s Ali.

But 70s Ali is too big, too strong and too crafty on the inside to be outworked by Marcaino and he will land his with his speed and accuracy.

Comment

....hahahaha some of you guys have excuses after excuses but very few facts. They both made a few bucks of the film and could careless what "fans" thought of especially the kind of fans that throw insults around as if theres no consequences to it! Some of you talk about these people as if you actually knew them and they told you how they felt hahahaha!!! Your kids who love to idolize and then insult people because your safe within your rooms.
      To last two posters (not el***)what gyms have you trained at or currently go to? What fighters have you trained? What established venues have you and your fighters fought at? Who taught YOU about boxing? Walt Disney!! HA!! Ray

Comment

I've seen an interview where Ali himself was asked which of the former champs would give him the toughest fight.......and he answered Marciano.

I'm surprised that Marciano hasn't had a few more supporters in this thread, I think there is a passable chance that he'd be able to give 1971 Ali as much trouble as Frazier. He was every bit as well conditioned, his chin was solid and he equalled Frazier in the heart stakes too. Granted, Frazier's head movement was better.......but Marciano was dirtier and had a much better right hand.

1971 Ali spent alot of times on the ropes in the first Frazier fight. I think that Marciano could be extremely effective against fighters on the ropes. The right hands he landed on Walcott and Louis when their backs were on the ropes were nasty and it would be churlish to suggest that Ali would be able to block and slip everything. Ali's defense and reactions were not what they were in 1971 by a long shot, he was still rusty from the layoff........Frazier found literally dozens of left hooks to Ali's head.

If pushed I'd still favour 1971 Ali by a fairly close decision or by cuts.....Ali knew how to work a cut well. But if Ali was knocked down at any point things could look very tight in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          ....hahahaha some of you guys have excuses after excuses but very few facts. They both made a few bucks of the film and could careless what "fans" thought of especially the kind of fans that throw insults around as if theres no consequences to it! Some of you talk about these people as if you actually knew them and they told you how they felt hahahaha!!! Your kids who love to idolize and then insult people because your safe within your rooms.
          To last two posters (not el***)what gyms have you trained at or currently go to? What fighters have you trained? What established venues have you and your fighters fought at? Who taught YOU about boxing? Walt Disney!! HA!! Ray
          I'm gonna be honest you're a self inflated **** of a windbag, you blow a whole lot of hot air without actually knowing jack ***** about the sport.

Comment

Yes and your there and I'm here hahahaha!!! Is there a reason you can't answer these simple questions? So sonny where do you train?? Who have you worked with? Where is YOUR BOXING GYM? Can't you answer the question? Is name calling your job? Do you actually have a job? Theres a few here who think they run the roost, you don't!! You don't have any actual experiences in the sport thats why your relagated to calling out names and trying to insult people who challenge your validity. Your a nobody who knows no one in the sport and never has known anyone. Those are the facts because boxing veterans don't name call and berate others in the same work force their in. Theres alot of respect in this business unless your listening to sales promo crap and thinking its reality. Done with you, your one of those all mouths no substance kids. So answer the simple questions and let us hear how you established your credentials!!
            tell us lil' guy how you know so much? Ray

Comment

Yes and your there and I'm here hahahaha!!! Is there a reason you can't answer these simple questions? So sonny where do you train?? Who have you worked with? Where is YOUR BOXING GYM? Can't you answer the question? Is name calling your job? Do you actually have a job? Theres a few here who think they run the roost, you don't!! You don't have any actual experiences in the sport thats why your relagated to calling out names and trying to insult people who challenge your validity. Your a nobody who knows no one in the sport and never has known anyone. Those are the facts because boxing veterans don't name call and berate others in the same work force their in. Theres alot of respect in this business unless your listening to sales promo crap and thinking its reality. Done with you, your one of those all mouths no substance kids. So answer the simple questions and let us hear how you established your credentials!!
              tell us lil' guy how you know so much? Ray
              I never claim to know anything more than others, nor place myself on a higher pedestal than anyone in this forum. You however feel obliged to think that your opinion is the only opinion. You also boast of all your "crededntials" yet there is no proof of anything you have done.

Yes, there is a lot of respect in the sport but it's a two way street. Even if you have had a great deal of experience in the sport of boxing that doesn't entitle you to belittle others and feel you have the right to dismiss whatever they say. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if your claims are exaggerated, a bit like most of your opinions on boxing.

I don't need to prove myself to you by letting you know where I box, you're a moron period. Anyone can see this. Many people get on well with each other here and you just can't seem to because you continue to be an egotistial know it all despite everyone else hinting you're an utter ****.

Comment

I don't insult anyones offerings I just state my opinion about fighters and boxing. Theres quite a few that I actually know and knew and if you can't understand that by listening to my comments thats your problem. I'm not posting pics of me and your idols just to please kids like you. I worked for Ali Productions so I know something about that promotion that busted him. I'm not telling names because its none of your business but that doesn't mean I don't know what I know. I met Ali a number of times and I have pics of him with Joe Louis and joes sparring partner Georgie Fitch, a friend of mine. I need to post my personal property so some punk kid in Scotland to say gee wiz you knew them???? Your so opinionated you don't even recognize the words from someone who was viable in the sport, you think I'm a fan like you!!! I don't place myself anywheres, you do!!! You just can't accept me for who I am, a veteran trainer/cornerman who has a lot of experience in the sport. Should I name names to impress you??? Just bi-pass me and I'll do the same with you. At my age I just don't need to converse with disrespectfull kids like yourself. I don't see people ALL getting along well I do see a handfull of people get insulting when their opinions are challenged or simply differ from others, your one of those cry babies. Nite sonny. Ray

Comment

I don't insult anyones offerings I just state my opinion about fighters and boxing. Theres quite a few that I actually know and knew and if you can't understand that by listening to my comments thats your problem. I'm not posting pics of me and your idols just to please kids like you. I worked for Ali Productions so I know something about that promotion that busted him. I'm not telling names because its none of your business but that doesn't mean I don't know what I know. I met Ali a number of times and I have pics of him with Joe Louis and joes sparring partner Georgie Fitch, a friend of mine. I need to post my personal property so some punk kid in Scotland to say gee wiz you knew them???? Your so opinionated you don't even recognize the words from someone who was viable in the sport, you think I'm a fan like you!!! I don't place myself anywheres, you do!!! You just can't accept me for who I am, a veteran trainer/cornerman who has a lot of experience in the sport. Should I name names to impress you??? Just bi-pass me and I'll do the same with you. At my age I just don't need to converse with disrespectfull kids like yourself. I don't see people ALL getting along well I do see a handfull of people get insulting when their opinions are challenged or simply differ from others, your one of those cry babies. Nite sonny. Ray
                  You see how these statements are completely contradictory you damn half-wit. For the record I'm sure you started the crying in a previous thread, again due to the non-exisetent pedestal you have so wrongly placed yourself upon.

Night, *******.

Comment

You do insult other people here by being condescending and self righteous. The fact that only you can't see this is evident in almost every post you make. That's fine if that's your nature. But getting indignant everytime someone contradicts what you believe is fact is your trademark and is very hypocritical.

Comment

Ali dominates.

Comment

Working...
                      X