No announcement yet.

Prime Tyson & Frazier had the best chance to beat a Prime Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Tyson & Frazier had the best chance to beat a Prime Ali

i was jus watching ali vs Cleveland Williams amd it looks like frazier could beat him and if frazier can so can tyson cause tyson is a stronger and faster version of frazier.

Tyson is also a more stupid, psychotic version of frazier... and hence he wouldn't have a chance against someone with the ringsmarts and mental capacity of Ali.... and Ali destroyed Williams, why did that fight inspire you to say this... wouldn't it be Ali-frazier 1?

Comment

im talking prime tyson. and he was better than frazier in at everything except heart....

Comment

I would give Tyson the edge on footspeed over Frazier. Handspeed, punching power, footwork and chin...their about even. Heart, will and stamina go to Frazier.

That being said, I really can't see any version of Tyson defeating Ali. Period. Tyson couldn't stick to his gameplan when he was frustrated, and he has been frustrated many times in his prime.
        Getting frustrated and swinging wildly against Ali would be a deathwish.

Comment

Come on, Frazier's left hook is harder than any of Tyson's punches. Stamina, will, and chin go to Frazier. Handspeed and killer instinct to Tyson. Agression is a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddest man on da planet
            i was jus watching ali vs Cleveland Williams amd it looks like frazier could beat him and if frazier can so can tyson cause tyson is a stronger and faster version of frazier.
            People like you are what keep me away from this site. The knowledge here is appalling - apart from a few posters. Frazier and Tyson were totally different fighters. Tyson didn't have the heart to beat Ali.

Comment

frazier pressed more and cut off the ring better

Comment

Originally posted by NextRocky
                frazier pressed more and cut off the ring better
                Indeed.

I feel Tyson was a more complete fighter. He had a better jab than Fraziers (arguable), had a monster right hand, as well as the left hook. Frazier bobbed and weaved very well - as did Tyson, great head movement. Tyson lacked the heart that made Frazier a legend - such as the Ali fights - getting up 5 times against Foreman etc.

I rank Frazier higher, and feel he would beat Tyson H2H, but Tyson was more complete.

Comment

Tyson in his prime could not beat Ali at his worst.

It's like comparing ground beef to a filet mingon.

Comment

Ladies...

There is so much more then just handspeed and power. Boxing has intangibles.

Comment

Working...
                    X