Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank Concerned For Golovkin If Faced Against Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Unless you were born before 1980, you're a millennial too. If you were born before 1980 and you are using an internet forum to make fun of people, that's pretty pathetic.
    I wish I was born after 1980. I hate getting old.

I am not making fun of people. I am amazed that there are some young guys that really know their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

i love the eubanks, they are complete fruit loops.
      Eubank Jr is the only MW in the whole division who actually thinks that he can beat Golovkin.

Yeah, he's crazy, and so is his dad, but boxing would be a lot more exciting if there were more crazies like the Eubanks in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Weak argument since that was a close (and damn good) fight, and Saunders is undefeated. I think Golovkin beats both but it doesn't negate what Zaroku said about Eubank having power.

Personally, I think Eubank's problem is applying power to moving opponents. He's got the strength to hurt anyone, but he doesn't do it unless they stand in front of him. His chances of doing that on Golovkin are limited.
        Wade is a weird story. Dude started at 161lbs, used to be fast, more alert as a fighter in general. But vs Golovkin he had fat flab by the belt line compared to before and came in looking skinny as hell. Look at his shoulders... Therefore, along with the house arrest bracelet, HBO did a hell of a job convincing his parole officer and its state to let him fight. Therefore, that must have been the weakest camp nor how could he even train with the brace. Truth is Wade was crap, quiet, looked skinny as hell during camp training. Just bony...

Lemieux, man, that dude is straight uo and down. Lemieux has limited flexibility as a boxer. No crosses, no combos from outer range, just jab and inground body hooks. He's got power but only from the close range recoil.

Stevens, an overall and hard hitting boxer that was just right. Stevens could've boxed and moved around but instead tried to always reset and stand ground with Golovkin that he ate too many jabs. It was only after the knockdown that Golovkin cranked it up.

This is why, with range, and other boxers that have crazy jab range and really flexible with defensive movement, I can't see Alvarez being an easy fight for Golovkin. Alvarez by instinct has great back foot control while initiating a counter..be it youth, and Alvarez is fast. Hard fight for Golovkin.

Eubanks Jr., well as all the others were able to tag Golovkin flush, it'd be interesting to see his chin against an "elite" like Eubanks Jr. At least better than previous fighter's on his resume. As you said, the Saunders bout was a good boyt and its not like Saunders whooped him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Pure idiot! Japan gave me permanent residence based on education and job skills.

Look it up, your gaming skills are meaningless in real life. I live in Tokyo son, the most expensive city in the world.

Your gaming skills would not meet any criteria for permanent residency. Btw, japan has some of the strictet immigration policies in the world, but you wouldn't know this.... would you.... wow....

You win, go back to eating Cheetos, whacking off, and playing video games. Three things you have mastered!

Jhonny says hello!! He hopes you make someone proud of you someday! Good luck with that!
          What happened to back to office ? you obviously just moved or lying because no way you talk and behave like you do if you live and breath Japan for over a year.
          What exactly do you do ? just out of interest as i had a team i managed who had some Gaijin there and they all got brainwashed really fast and behaved like robots as the rest of them.
          Last edited by bluzi; 06-01-2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Eubank Jr is the only MW in the whole division who actually thinks that he can beat Golovkin.

Yeah, he's crazy, and so is his dad, but boxing would be a lot more exciting if there were more crazies like the Eubanks in the sport.
            It doesn't make sense you want the biggest challenge our there but you keep fighting state level comp..... it doesn't add up , and its not like GGG is a mega payday which you say "ill lose but I'm set for life" he is not Pac/Floyd/Cotto/Canelo kind of payday.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
              What happened to back to office ? you obviously just moved or lying because no way you talk and behave like you do if you live and breath Japan for over a year.
              What exactly do you do ? just out of interest as i had a team i managed who had some Gaijin there and they all got brainwashed really fast and behaved like robots as the rest of them.
              Also Tokyo is far from the most expensive city in the world FYI ......

Comment

Ya & I am concerned for Kovalev if he fights Jean Pascal LOL Oh wait..

CEJ & his dad are both arseholes! This is literally the worst & dumbest statement Chiris has ever made.. He actually used to give good incite and interviews! However he is trying to market his kid & talk him up but the fact remains that he isn't even the best UK MW! CEJ is essentially a MW Pascal without the pedigree or resume.. An athletic brawler! Pascal probably hits harder p4p though! Golovkin would break this kid up.. I'd be surprised if Eubank won 1 round & made it past the 6th or 7th!

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                  Lost to Billy Joe Saunders
                  Fighting Tom Doran next doe lol
                  Fuuuuk outta here. Maybe you should watch more fights
                  To be fair BJS is in my opinion the real "best" in the division. He's beaten quality opponents and hasn't shown very many weak points.

As far as "English", styles make fights. I'd be willing to bet real money that if Eubank Sr. were to lace them up against GGG he'd beat him easily, even now.

If Jr. doesn't choke and get nervous against GGG like he did against BJS, Jr. would beat him too. The question is if he can keep his nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                    I have been here over 10 years this time. I work in IT finance. I have worked in both back and front office.

Where did you live? What did you do? Maybe we know some of the same people?

I know the type gaijin guys you are describing. I report to Americans, and Brits, English is the official language in the office. I would never go to Nomura, my ex pat buddies hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

As far as "English", styles make fights. I'd be willing to bet real money that if Eubank Sr. were to lace them up against GGG he'd beat him easily, even now.
                      Don't ever post again. That is the posting of an imbecile. I'd be embarrassed to be you.

Comment

Working...
                      X