Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia Hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well danny needs another big win probably against a top ten p4p fighter...

for example when pac was 24 he demolished marco antonio barrera (#3 p4p at the time) which catapulted him into the top ten p4p rankings and started his rise to boxing super stardom. danny needs something like that...he needs that huge exciting win..

Comment

Thead slowly turning into what it was created for.

Floyd Mayweather enters in 3... 2... 1...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Pacquiao avoided Nate Campbell and the whole Lightweight division. It was obviously a smart move to go for the weakest champion there, David Diaz and stay away from Campbell, Casamayor, Juan Diaz, etc. Look who he got right after beat David, a weight drained Oscar De La Hoya.

As for Danny Garcia, he is not a Top Rank fighter so he does not get the ATG praise like Margarito, Cotto, Donaire and Pacquiao.
        You are right but the point wasn’t to necessarily call out Pac but to display that Garcia has fought guys that other top guys avoided or lost to.

Comment

The problem isn't people liking him/not liking him, the problem is those looping molasses punches. I'm cheering for him, but I'm not going to be disillusioned about him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I actually like Danny.

But, I don't think he's very good. I doubt he goes far in the sport.
            I don't think he's that good either but at 24 he could improve. I'm just pointing out that when you look at his record, you see big names. There are other fighters with less who receive more attention.

At 24 he has a solid record with big names. So what should Garcia do to get the media on his side?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              The problem isn't people liking him/not liking him, the problem is those looping molasses punches.
              lol... he's 24, let's hope he improves.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                At 24 years old and names like Nate Cambell (who Pac ducked), Kendall Holt (who Pac also avoided), Eric Morales, Amir Khan and Zab Judah (holds a KD over Floyd) on deck for Feb, could he be destined for greatness? Or at least have the media to hype him as to be something great?

He's a top undefeated 140lber who holds the WBA and WBC straps. So the question is, why isn't Garcia getting the hype? What is he missing that is not giving him the star power that other fighters get for doing less?

Now saying that, how stupid would it be to say (for the millionth time) that Super Judah is actually going to show up and win?

You're right, Danny should be getting a lot more hype.. Unfortunately Broners getting all all the hype right now, even though Danny has the better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  well danny needs another big win probably against a top ten p4p fighter...

for example when pac was 24 he demolished marco antonio barrera (#3 p4p at the time) which catapulted him into the top ten p4p rankings and started his rise to boxing super stardom. danny needs something like that...he needs that huge exciting win..
                  Who is at JWW that holds merit to Barrera?

That's huge feat that would be hard to duplicate. Not only that, pac still wasn’t a star like some fighters are treated today for doing far less than what Pac did vs Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                    You're right, Danny should be getting a lot more hype.. Unfortunately Broners getting all all the hype right now, even though Danny has the better resume.
                    I agree. That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

he's above average but that's as far as it goes.

Since he got the stoppage vs Khan, he's getting hyped like Bredis Prescott, who for a while there was winning fantasy fights against top level fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X