Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with this statement about Kell Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with this statement about Kell Brook?

I wouldn’t go that far

But definitely seems like it could have played out better

Fought a bunch of non contenders, went to enemy territory won a strap then spent the next 2+ years fighting no names

When he lands a meaningful fight it’s basically a suicide mission jumping up 2 weight classes which results in getting his face broken then has to face his Mando who’s a killer and gets the other side of his face broken

Now it’s back to fighting scrubs hoping to get a cash out fight before he’s done

Definitely think his career could have been guided better

Comment

I would. After beating Porter he only fought domestic level guys until Hearn make that money grab with GGG. Then he got beat by Spence. The potential was there at one time.

Comment

Brook ruined his career going up to fight big puncher Golovkin who literally broke his face and singlehandedly ended his career. Who's fault is it? People who guide Brook or his own ego? I don't know.

Comment

He would have become a bigger star had he chose to fight in America as opposed to fighting the U.K. He would have gotten international exposure.

Comment

He fought 2 of the top maybe 8 P4P guys in the world and got damaged in both.
            He may have something left, who knows but I think he just wants that Khan payday st this post. Who would wanna keep getting their face broken over and over again

Comment

Difficult to answer definitively without knowing exactly what other options or better choices were out there that he should've taken?

A lot of good fighters struggle to land the biggest fights because of boxing politics, clashes between promoters etc.

Comment

Brook Defo had potential . But bad management and Bad luck mean he will never reach his full potential . The only reason he took the Golovkin fight was . Because hearn couldnt get him big fights in his own weight class

Comment

Agree with the wasted talent bit but not really the bad guidance.

Brook is a grown man, he didn't have to have a career of fighting mainly bums but he has.

Can't even blame Hearn as it was the same with Warren but at least Hearn got him the Porter fight.

His ballooning in between fights speaks of the mans discipline and how much he wanted to really make a go of it rather than line his pockets.

Comment

Yes. Horrifically bad match making it has it to be said.

Comment

Working...
                    X