No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #8 - Jorge Linares vs Anthony Crolla II, March 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I scored the first fight very clear for Linares 9 rounds to 3, 117-111 but one judge had it 115-114 and another one 115-113 with only one judge having scored the fight correctly at 117-111. Boxingscene livescore also had it 117-111 Linares.

I would love to participate but the controversy in boxing will leave me out of this one. The fight is once again at the Manchester Arena, so Crolla will get the favoritism from judges as much as possible. Linares should win a dominant fight but the judges will have it closer than it will end up.
    You can't lose any points by taking a stab Kev

Comment

Bob how about using Boxingscene livescore as the scorecards to use for fights?

They score fights pretty fairly imo

GGG-Jacobs - 114-113 GGG
      RG - Rungvisai - 113-113
      Thurman-Garcia - 115-113 Thurman
      Broner-Granados - 96-94 Granados
      Frampton-Santa Cruz II - 114-114
      DeGale-Jack - 113-113
      Cuellar-Mares 108-119 - Mares
      Kovalev-Ward - 113-114 Ward
      Lebedev-Gassiev - 113-114 Gassiev
      Donaire-Magdanelo - 113-115 Magdanelo

There's nothing in it for boxingscene scorer to play favorites obviously, given their track record. For example BS writers love GGG and RG but we see here they gave pretty fair scores for their respective fights.

If you use Boxingscene's own scorecards you can also eliminate people actually choosing the correct prediction but not getting it because of some paid ******* of a judge, or just a plain blind or incompetent judge who needs to retire.
      Who produces the BScene live scorecards? They are usually pretty reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Who produces the BScene live scorecards? They are usually pretty reasonable.
        No idea, but they seem pretty consistent and unbiased.

I mean I thought GGG-Jacobs could've gone either way, a case can be made for Jacobs 115-113 or 114-113 and the same for GGG. But I think GGG 114-113 is okay.

Comment

linares is best lightweight in the world

Comment

GGG-Jacobs - 114-113 GGG
            RG - Rungvisai - 113-113
            DeGale-Jack - 113-113

There's nothing in it for boxingscene scorer to play favorites obviously, given their track record. For example BS writers love GGG and RG but we see here they gave pretty fair scores for their respective fights.

If you use Boxingscene's own scorecards you can also eliminate people actually choosing the correct prediction but not getting it because of some paid ******* of a judge, or just a plain blind or incompetent judge who needs to retire.
            While I do like this idea a lot, I really do, but what happens when the final result is different from BScene? For ex if they scored the fight for Jacobs or for Kovalev? Everything will get messy and you may get some outrage from various posters.

Comment

A.K, 3x

Comment

GGG-Jacobs - 114-113 GGG
                RG - Rungvisai - 113-113
                DeGale-Jack - 113-113

Are you saying you want BrometheusBob to use boxingscenes scorecards instead of the official judges scorecards for the fight?

If so, I don't think alot of people would like that. People have to think about how judges see fights and promoting the event when making their picks

Comment

BigZ44, 1x

Comment

I don't even recognize these two fighters. And this is a rematch? I don't even know what happened the first go around.

Oh well. Might as well pick someone.

Comment

Working...
                    X