No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez 4, who do you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao/Marquez 4, who do you got?

I'm going with Pacquiao, unanimous decision, maybe a late TKO, possibly round 10. How about you guys?

SD for pac man

Comment

Schools in session.

Marquez does the exact same thing he did last time, defusing Pacquiao with feinting and footwork, and this time gets the nod.

It'd be great if he could get a KO. But that's pretty much off the table, now.

Comment

Well Rios vs Manny is in play for April I believe so I'll go with Marquez winning and not getting the decision again.

Same old song and dance.

Comment

If it wasn't for Pac being shafted against Bradley by the judges I'd actually be favouring Marquez to finally escape with the decision......deserved or not.

I've actually got a feeling that Pac will be dominant this time. Marquez surely can't be as good as last time, he is much older than Pac......plus the decision loss to Bradley may have ignited something in Pac. Pac will probably start fast and be up on points at the halfway stage, he'll probably tire in the final rounds so Marquez will finish stronger and no doubt be spitting venom at another close decision loss.

Comment

Depends how they have aged a year on from their last fight.

I'm leaning on Marquez.

Comment

JMM. Pac has always needed a knockdown to scrape a UD. Not sure if he has the fire power or work rate any more to KD or KO JMM.

Id like Pac to win convincingly, but i also would be happy for JMM. I just think he has Pac's number.

But if he tries to KO Pac, he could play right into his hands. Interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                JMM. Pac has always needed a knockdown to scrape a UD. Not sure if he has the fire power or work rate any more to KD or KO JMM.

Id like Pac to win convincingly, but i also would be happy for JMM. I just think he has Pac's number.

But if he tries to KO Pac, he could play right into his hands. Interesting fight.
                I think Pacquaio's going to be more aggressive this time.

The question is, will that favour Marquez?

Interesting to see and honestly I can't wait.

Comment

Favoring Pacquiao, I believe JMM put on too much bulk hoping to get the KO. Hard to predict any bout between fighters nearing the end of their careers though.

Comment

The first clear UD for Pacquiao. Marquez is simply too old. The last fight was his last great performance. No fighter with as many wars as Marquez can last this long without falling off suddenly and he's already gone a long way past his. He's 40 years old! Pac is still in his early 30s. A prime fighter can get past a slump. An old fighter can't get past their age, no matter what.

However much Pac might have slipped, the age difference has to show up soon and he didn't look good at all against that 140 guy. I honestly think he'll either get stopped finally late, or he'll lose a clear UD with no controversy.

A career, natural 126 pound fighter, at 40 years old, way past his use-by date and best weight, facing a guy still near his peak at what has shown to be arguably his best weight....It always shows up eventually.

I have a very bad feeling that Marquez will actually get stopped, which will just be awful, because only the guys in the know will understand that the previous fights were the only ones that mattered. Unfortunately all the freaks will come out and say "Told you so! Pac rulezzzz!"
                    Last edited by BennyST; 12-05-2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X