Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who misses floyd? Be honest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Floyd and Pacquiao started the era of "fans" rooting against fighters rather than for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
      I used to loathe floyd but I miss seeing him fight. I feel like we are now in a era of wannabe floyds with not even 1/4th of the charisma. Everyones on nelos nuts but who remembers the schooling floyd gave him? Even conor mcgregor did better against floyd then the so called 'p4p#1' lol
      If this is your go to “burn statement” then you got a lot of homework to do. Floyd toyed with Conor. Carried him up to the 10th round.

I’m sure you’d disagree. But tell me this, why did Floyd suddenly forgot to throw jabs in the first 3 rounds when he has been throwing them accurately all his life against greater fighters who’d knock conor easily?
      What did Conor do to offset the jabs and more specifically the pull right counter? Besides well, being slow.
      Why did floyd suddenly forgot to use the philly shell? When he been using it in all his fights?

Oh yes because he toyed with conor. So that people will say “well that was a BS fight afterall”.

And in any case, they can even have a rematch and people will still buy because well, “conor did great the first time!”

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        The point went over your head. Winning close against top tier opposition is to be expected. It makes little sense to give alvarez sht for having close fights vs near prime top tier and present floyd as an example of how it should be done when he did no better vs that level of opposition.
        The fight with Mosely wasn't close. He beat Manny 10-2 (rounds). Cotto was close. ODH and Canelo each getting 1 scorecard that wasn't believable , which makes people think those fights were closer than they were.

While Castillo and Maidana were close, Floyd beat the elite comp he faced by wide margins. Maybe he did actually do better and your contempt for him will not allow you to admit it.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-07-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          I do. That's the true definition of a GREAT, an A+ boxer. Canelo, his pupil, sits comfortably at A-!
          how is he floyds pupil ? did they ever train or work together ?

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            If this is your go to “burn statement” then you got a lot of homework to do. Floyd toyed with Conor. Carried him up to the 10th round.

I’m sure you’d disagree. But tell me this, why did Floyd suddenly forgot to throw jabs in the first 3 rounds when he has been throwing them accurately all his life against greater fighters who’d knock conor easily?
            What did Conor do to offset the jabs and more specifically the pull right counter? Besides well, being slow.
            Why did floyd suddenly forgot to use the philly shell? When he been using it in all his fights?

Oh yes because he toyed with conor. So that people will say “well that was a BS fight afterall”.

And in any case, they can even have a rematch and people will still buy because well, “conor did great the first time!”
            He was mesmerized by Conor tattoos and didn't start fighting until he got a good look at all of them

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              The fight with Mosely wasn't close. He beat Manny 10-2 (rounds). Cotto was close. ODH and Canelo each getting 1 scorecard that wasn't believable , which makes people think those fights were closer than they were.

While Castillo and Maidana were close, Floyd beat the elite comp he faced by wide margins. Maybe he did actually do better and your contempt for him will not allow you to admit it.
              You're proving my point. Mosley was old, inactive and got his roids taken away. Even vs corrales a win over a suppossed top, prime guy, it's been well established the struggle he had making weight for that fight. The pacquiao fight was also close, lol @ 2 rds, i'll say close but clear, like canelo's win over jacobs.

Instead of my supposed contempt you should consider if your own infatuation isnt skewing your view.

Comment

miss floyd for what??? it's not like when he was active, he was a funny guy or has entertaining fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  You're proving my point. Mosley was old, inactive and got his roids taken away. Even vs corrales a win over a suppossed top, prime guy, it's been well established the struggle he had making weight for that fight. The pacquiao fight was also close, lol @ 2 rds, i'll say close but clear, like canelo's win over jacobs.

Instead of my supposed contempt you should consider if your own infatuation isnt skewing your view.
                  No my view isn't skewed. Mosley was good enough that he landed the best shots on Floyd we'd seen from anyone ever. Then Floyd stepped it up and won. The Manny fight wasn't close at all. The reality is the "faded "Mosley was better than every prime opponent some fighters have faced. Same For "faded" Manny, "shot" Cotto and old "ODH", "green" Canelo and "drained" Corrales (who was favored going into the fight).

This is just one of those things where because Floyd won fights posters said he wouldn't you guys go back and do anything to reduce those wins. As long as we do that with every fighter I'm fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    Canelo was green and weight drained when Floyd the opportunist fought him
                    I heard Floyd wanted that fight to wait but Showtime pressured them cuz of that deal he signed

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                      how is he floyds pupil ? did they ever train or work together ?
                      I know right. Sure Canelo has grown a lot since they fought and probably imitates certain aspects of his game, but he definitely isn't a Broner type.
                      If you ask me, Canelo shows a lot more similarities to Pacquiao than to Floyd. The cemented feet, flat on the ground, edging closer pressuring opponents with a high guard defense, bobbing in and out of the pocket.. that is very Pacquiao and rarely has Floyd committed to that style except for maybe against Conor.
                      That is a tough style to beat if Canelo continues fighting like that. It's the same problem all these naturally bigger guys had with Tyson and his low center of gravity. You just have to fight fire with fire, like Morales and Douglas did.

Comment

Working...
                      X