No announcement yet.

Barrera questions marquez' sudden power in pacquiao fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    I think both are/were on PEDs but laugh at Pac fans who now point fingers. So with that, yes, it is double standards. Pac can knock Hatton oyt cold, beat a much bigger Cotto, destroy Margaritos eye, and hes legendary but he gets KO'd cold and its PED's.
    Just as much do with the fact of his suddenly massive physique.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      so one can move up in weight and destroy bigger guys and no suspicion and hell be a legend but if the other moves up an destroys this one guy then he can be accused but other cant? Got it! No double standard there.
      There was plenty of "suspicion" mmoooorre than plenty. It caused a few court cases uring which oscar got a breakdown and had to hide in a sanitarium and plead for forgiveness. It also caused Mayweather (and maybe his father and uncle too) to have to decide to fight up to 2.5 times a year for the next few years. (I personally don't believe he will be able to)

So, all in all, your comment was just a waste of space and meant nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        But I thought u guys said those bigger guys were over the hill and drained, that's why PAC looked so good. So which one is it? lol. U cant piggy back like that lol. And again did PAC fight those bigger guys 3 times and wasnt able to drop or hurt any of them then in the 4th fight PAC kos them? Did that happen??
        U can't piggy-back but HE can...and he does, he does. All the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
          But I thought Pac wasnt a 47lber.

haha. yall dumbasses keep the excuses going.
          I don't see the connection between your post and my post. Not getting enough of Floyd's love juice?

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Marquez knocked out Katsidis, Díaz, Casamayor... He always had power, I don't know how people keep saying that he suddenly gained super powers.

Marquez trained a lot more for strength this time. His lost speed and agility, you can see Marquez in Marquez vs Pac 3 where he was lighter, faster, with better reflexes, trusting in his ability to outbox Pacquiao. After realizing that he was never going to get a decision, he gained a few pounds, trained a lot more for power and strength and lost speed, you can clearly see that in Marquez vs Pacquiao 4.
            Those fights were 1 year apart but you can clearly see that Marquez has completely different characteristics. He didn't get so old in one year, it's just that his training changed completely and now he got enough power to take out Pacquiao.

BTW Marquez already hurt Pacquiao before, in his first and 2nd fight Pacquiao was stunned by Marquez's power, he was actually a little bit lucky to stay on his feet.
            In their 3rd fight Pacquiao was more used to the weight and Marquez wanted to take advantage of his speed with a lower weight, that's why Marquez couldn't hurt Pacquiao in Marquez vs Pacquiao 3.
            Just a point which might have no bearing. Since going up in weight from 130, Pacuiao has had 9 fights in which he's scored 3 KOs.

Marquez has had 5 fights in which he's scored 3 KOs.

The inescapable conclusion, if figures mean anything, is that as pacquiao went up un weight his power decreased, and as Marquez went up, his power increased.

Comment

lmao, look at the pac stan try to rationalize this ****.

bwahahaha.

Comment

JMM indeed has KO wins but Katsidis, CasaMayor, Juan Diaz wasn't 1 punch KO just like how he beat Pac. It was more of combos that lead JMM to win and its not hit the canvas and not moving.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  I knew people hated Pac... but damn.... the hate here is strong
                  He might be serious or it might be aimed at me, because I have posted the very same comments (minus the "glass jaw) quite recently. I thought at first that Pacquiao lunged forward, wide open and ran into a huge punch, but it wasnt until someone posted the video in slow-motion on this site, showing where Pacquiao actually tripped on Marquez' outstretched foot at the same time and fell into the punch, that I realised what had happened.

It was all so quick that Pacquiao still doesnt know what happened-unless he's seen the video, although he's a real sportsman and takes his loss like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                    How is it a completely different subject?? U said PAC was successful because those bigger guys were drained and past prime. Now u said we should suspect PAC for cheating since he ran thru those bigger guys then u use that To justify the suspicion other people have on Marquez. That's when I quoted u and said pac never fought those bigger guys 3 times like what happen with PAC vs marquez.
                    It's called self-confusion. Fetta is OK, just gets a bit carried away with his argument and trips sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X