Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Mayweather-Canelo Demand is Growing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly I don't know anyone who really wants to see that fight.

Mayweather vs Martinez is a lot more interesting

Cotto vs Canelo is more interesting.

Canelo is too inexperienced for Mayweather and Mayweather will just out point him and cruise to an easy UD. Canelo and Cotto or even Martinez would 1000 times more entertaining and worth the PPV money.

Comment

Meh..... I wish Canelo could beat somebody first before this big jump

Comment

I think a fight with cotto I better,and will do just as good,cotto has a good style,a lot of fans,i and yeah I say cotto because to me he'll beat trout,trout isn't any good at all,so i'm hoping cotto will accept fight with canelo because against who else is he going to make money? he wont fight pac because pac wants him to come down,he already lost to Floyd,so what other big money fight is out there at 154? not only is it a big money fight,he'd be unifying too which is an even better sell for the pubic,champ vs champ,pr vs mex,,,I can already see the hype,i'd prefer that fight

Comment

Martinez fighting on April 27 so is between Cotto and Floyd.

All of this depends on the result of the 12/1 fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

Canelo is too inexperienced for Mayweather and Mayweather will just out point him and cruise to an easy UD. Canelo and Cotto or even Martinez would 1000 times more entertaining and worth the PPV money.
            agree,would rather see mayweather vs Martinez,floyd is an established champ and should be fighting established champs too,since Floyd beat cotto and cotto is still good,i'd rather see canelo face cotto who like I said is to me the better fighter style wise

Comment

Floyd Junior Doesn't Have The Ballz!!!

Floyd doesn't fight anyone young and in their prime. Never has, never will. Floyd Junior is a puzzy. He's a thug that talks a good talk. He made Mosley & Cotto wait more than 10 years to fight; they were too dangerous in their prime. Junior wouldn't fight Marcos Maidana! He fought Ortiz instead, who Maidana destroyed. He's made Pacquiao wait more than 4 years, because he's still too dangerous to fight. He wouldn't fight Sergio Martinez. He sure as hell won't fight a killer like Canelo, who knocks guys out with either hand. Junior needs to grow a set, and Oscar is delusional. Oscar was the ONLY guy fought in his prime, and most felt Oscar beat Floyd. In fact, Floyd turned down a $25M rematch to fight Oscar. Floyd is nowhere the talent of a Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran or Arguello were. They fought the best of the best, in their primes, multiple times, win, lose, or draw. Money took care of itself. Floyd is a first class puzzy!

Comment

I would like to see Floyd/Canelo. I think people keep underestimating Canelo and while Floyd is my favorite fighter, I think Canelo has a real chance to beat him if anyone can. Floyd/Sergio to me isn't realistic, I think Sergio is just too big and strong for Floyd. Not saying there isn't a chance Floyd could win but I just think it may be too much for Floyd. Floyd/Cotto is pointless, I know the hatred for Floyd cloud's peoples perception but that Cotto match was not even close honestly. Cotto won possibly 2 rounds, 3 to be utterly generous. He got hurt twice and was almost stopped in the 12th if Floyd had put his foot on the gas. Cotto was fighting at his biggest and strongest and still couldn't even hurt Floyd whatsover...so what is the point of that rematch? I think a Cotto/Pac rematch at 154 would actually be more competitive because even though Pac stopped Cotto....Cotto was weight drained and also Cotto won the first 2-3 rounds in that fight on my cards. I am not even sure Cotto is going to get by Trout, who I am actually picking to win. I think Floyd/Canelo would be good and honestly more competitive than Floyd/Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  De La Hoya: Mayweather-Canelo Demand is Growing
                  The demand may be growing, but the problem is Mayweather's balls are shrinking. Canelo is the reason why he's on a long vacation again.

Well, normally he waits until Pac announces his next fight, then he responds by announcing his shortly after.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

I so agree with this post, I'd rather him fight Cotto and see how he dose against him, and that's a 55- 45 in favor of Cotto, but anything can really happen in that fight.

Comment

I really think young Canelo would give Floyd problems at this point, and not because of skill level but more because of the fact that Canelo is so massive and a bit more patient than Ortiz, I don't know if Floyd could keep him off of him for 12 rds, after all, Floyd doesn't exactly have the spring in his step he once did and doesn't move around as much. Canelo hits very hard, different kind of power than Ortiz.
                      Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 11-16-2012, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X