Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Cotto vs Margarito 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto outclassed and outboxed the plasterless margarito. I think most fans already knew what Cotto wud do to tony..it was just a matter of broadcasting it .

Comment

You're all mistaking. Margaritos best round was the 10th!

In all seriousness tho, the ninth was nowhere near margarito's best round. The only round i gave to margarito was the seventh, and even then it was a close round. The ninth cotto was completely controlling margarito, and getting more physical.

I did sense cotto was gassing around the 6th or 7th, as i expected he would with emotions running high, putting more into his punches, etc. But he came back strong, as he usually does.

Imo, it was an inevitable ko/tko for cotto (considering how the 9th went). Margarito just couldnt do anything effective, it was nothing like the first fight were he had a chance in the last few rounds. In the first fight he was able to put in good work to cottos body, not in the second, an was able to land hard uppercuts, not in the second.

Margarito got his ass taxed.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Margo would have had a shot after round 9, or sees anything else than a one sided fight is clearly fooling himself.

Anything other than a one-sided fight is a delusion

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          Dont use the numbers from compubox. Watch the fight and you will see that most of those punches were arm punches and with no power. He was slapping Cotto not hitting with the same authority he did in the first fight. The fight ended there. There was a chance Tony get to him. Who knows. But the fact is that he lost and Cotto closed that chapter.
          Dont listen to Cotto's no1 nuthugger Lampley or any of the other HBO cheerleaders. Look at Cotto's face and his reaction to those "slaps".

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
            Although cotto was clearly outboxing, the thought will always linger in my head , "what would have happened if he stopped. " Cotto was clearly gassing before the fight was stopped and would have had to stand his ground. (Whether this would have happened before or after round 12 remains the question)
            Come on man, if we lived out sports lives based on what if's??? We would never be happy as fanatics...If that's the case, I have a few hundred what if's also. What if someone from Cotto's corner actually checked Margaritos gloves the first fight? We would've had the same outcome we had the second fight...that's straight up BS

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Dont listen to Cotto's no1 nuthugger Lampley or any of the other HBO cheerleaders. Look at Cotto's face and his reaction to those "slaps".
              I've seen the fight five times. No slow motion, no 3D, no enhance glasses. I saw Tony hitting his arm and being sloppy at it. Did Cotto went backwards more than in previous rounds? Yes. But he did made sure he was hitting Tony with good punches. Nuthug and hate are a disease and it seems like every boxing forum is full of people with it and not willing to take a cure.

Comment

I've seen the fight five times. No slow motion, no 3D, no enhance glasses. I saw Tony hitting his arm and being sloppy at it. Did Cotto went backwards more than in previous rounds? Yes. But he did made sure he was hitting Tony with good punches. Nuthug and hate are a disease and it seems like every boxing forum is full of people with it and not willing to take a cure.
                How did hitting Cotto's arm make his face look like this....

Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 01-28-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

[IMG]http://www.************.com/wp-content/uploads/cotto23132.jpg[/IMG]
                  Only Mayweather finishes fights without any cuts, swelling or bruises.
                  Cotto won and did so in convincing fashion. That goes down in history and thats it.

Comment

I doubt you are new to this. Cotto's face been like that after every fight after his loss to Tony. Even after Judah his face started getting like that. After Tony became worst. So please, dont use that argument. That is the same argument some tards are using for Pac vs JMM 3 and most people saw JMM winning. Compubox and face dont tell the whole story.

Comment

I doubt you are new to this. Cotto's face been like that after every fight after his loss to Tony. Even after Judah his face started getting like that. After Tony became worst. So please, dont use that argument. That is the same argument some tards are using for Pac vs JMM 3 and most people saw JMM winning. Compubox and face dont tell the whole story.
                      And saying that Margarito wasn't landing or having an effect on Cotto doesn't tell the whole story. In fact, its a flat out lie.

Comment

Working...
                      X