No announcement yet.

Training thru a srpained wrist??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training thru a srpained wrist??

i've been out of the gym for a week now because of this. I feel like it's getting better. When i'm shadow boxing right now i don't feel anything only if a throw an uppercut where my the palm of my hands are facing the up(feel a little discomfort there). But i can make a fist and feel nothing the strength is there. I know it might not be smart because it's obviously gonna take impacts by hitting bags and stuff. anybody trained thru this?

i've done it a lot of times with a thumb sprain. it's not smart, but i can understand you totally. you SHOULD let it heal fully before impact, but you gotta do what you feel is right of course.

Comment

Let it heal. Some sprains can be worse then breaks and take a long time to heal. I wouldn't be hitting ANYTHING until there is no pain, otherwise you have a very high risk of re-injuring it even worse then it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
        i've been out of the gym for a week now because of this. I feel like it's getting better. When i'm shadow boxing right now i don't feel anything only if a throw an uppercut where my the palm of my hands are facing the up(feel a little discomfort there). But i can make a fist and feel nothing the strength is there. I know it might not be smart because it's obviously gonna take impacts by hitting bags and stuff. anybody trained thru this?
        just shadow box for now and test it every once and a while.

if you mess up your wrist again like hitting the bag the moment you feel pain stop hitting the bag for the day just shadow box and your wrist should be ok by the next day.

Comment

That's funny because I just hurt my wrists on Monday training. Left side feels like it's healed up, not all the way but good enough to hit again. Right side still feels sore and painful. I still plan on training, just not going hard with the right hand when hitting until it's healed or I feel no more pain from impact.

Comment

Tnx guys. Yeah i'm thinking of resting for a few more days now. Don't want it to get worse. Peace!!

Comment

Working...
            X