No announcement yet.

The 5 boxers Dela Hoya didnt fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 5 boxers Dela Hoya didnt fought

Now that Oscar Dela Hoya has officially retired, we can all look forward to the boxers DLH ducked or didnt fought in his entire career that would have been interesting fights.

1.Winky Wright - Winky has long been wanting to face DLH, complaining time and again why he cant get a fight with Oscar, last year was quote as saying "Dela Hoya can no longer hide and eventually has to face him" but then, Dela Hoya chooses Manny Pacquiao.

2. Vernon Forrest - Just like Winky, both of them beat Shane Mosley, and Dela Hoya doesnt want to beat the men who beat his conqueror, unlike Hopkins, whose wins over Pavlik and Tarver evened up his losses to Taylor and Jones.

3. Kostya Tszyu - This would be a superfight at 140, Tszyu has beaten Gonzalez and Chavez more impressively than Dela Hoya did, somehow its not Oscar's fault that Tszyu decided to stay down at the junior welterweight class for so long.

4. Roman Karmazin - Dela Hoya was scheduled to fight this russian guy in December 2001 but the bout was called off, I think DLH was envious about his rival Tito Trinidad's success and becoming more popular than him thats why he couldnt bear taking on an unknown opponent.

5. Antonio Margarito - Tony was perfect to be Dela Hoya's opponent last December, didnt Oscar say he wants to fight the winner of Cotto-Margarito in the hoped Cotto will win. Dela Hoya will probably lose to Margarito but not as bad as the beatdown he took from Manny Pacquiao.

I never wanna see Dela Hoya take on a Cotto, or a Ricky Hatton, not even Manny Pacquiao, Glad that Oscar finally realized it and made the right decision this time by retiring for good.

I wouldn't have minded seein a DLH-Forrest fight, but I was never too keen on it. Prime Vernon coulda given em hell, but I think DLH at his best woulda taken him. Winky I always felt woulda whomped DLH and I think DLH damn well knew it. I wish that fight woulda happened. I also never figured on a Marg fight happenin, but it woulda been cool to see. Had DLH faced him I think Marg woulda destroyed him at 147 or 154 tbh.

Comment

thats being pretty picky

oscars impressive list of people he did fight pretty much overshadows those small misses

Comment

Originally posted by LordVoldemort View Post
        thats being pretty picky

oscars impressive list of people he did fight pretty much overshadows those small misses
        That sort of list can be done with anyone. Virtually any boxer in history can be accused of not meeting this or that fighter. When one considers the number of guaranteed Hall of Famers and assorted top contenders Oscar did face, he hardly qualifies as a serial ducker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
          That sort of list can be done with anyone. Virtually any boxer in history can be accused of not meeting this or that fighter. When one considers the number of guaranteed Hall of Famers and assorted top contenders Oscar did face, he hardly qualifies as a serial ducker.
          Kid McCoy from Sherdog?

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            I wouldn't have minded seein a DLH-Forrest fight, but I was never too keen on it. Prime Vernon coulda given em hell, but I think DLH at his best woulda taken him. Winky I always felt woulda whomped DLH and I think DLH damn well knew it. I wish that fight woulda happened. I also never figured on a Marg fight happenin, but it woulda been cool to see. Had DLH faced him I think Marg woulda destroyed him at 147 or 154 tbh.
            Agreed, never mind Margarito's KO loss to Mosley, Antonio would beat a past his prime Dela Hoya.

Comment

well in all fairness he did offer winky 6m for a fight in september 2006 i believe

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal '86 View Post
                thats being pretty picky

Agreed what ever criticisms people have ducking shouldn't be one of them.

Comment

here is a list of fighters who oscar wasnt intrested in fighting

Jose luis lopez
                  Winky wright
                  Vernon Forrest
                  Antonio margreatio
                  James Page

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post

That's pretty much how I see it also. Although I think Forrest would have taken Delahoya by decision. It seems whenever Delahoya fought that type of competition he came up short.

Comment

Working...
                    X