No announcement yet.

UK televised boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK televised boxing

With Setanta gone why dont HBO set up a UK channel for boxing? They would already have the rights to the American fights they are showing so that would cost nothing, and could use our subscriptions for domestic fight cards. something needs to be done, thats the best idea i can think of. (apologies if anyone else came up with this i havent searched the forums).
    I dont know a thing about the ins and outs regarding laws etc for TV stations. Can this actually be done if HBO wanted to?

Any other suggestions??

PLEASE!!!
    i would love a boxing channel surely it could be arranged!

Comment

That would be nice, but I still would like to see boxing on terrestrial television. This is such a great time for UK boxing with all the up and comers. Sky Sports can't show them all and a subscription channel won't make as many household names.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshPrince View Post
        That would be nice, but I still would like to see boxing on terrestrial television. This is such a great time for UK boxing with all the up and comers. Sky Sports can't show them all and a subscription channel won't make as many household names.
        yeah in a perfect world all fights on BBC and ITV would be great but it just wont happen (PLEASE let me be wrong!!!!!!)
        ££££ talks

Comment

the only other thing i could think of is a combat sports channel with boxing, MMA, Thai/kick boxing and WWE (i despise it but it seems to be popular so it would attract more customers, and we could use those idiots' money to pay for some good boxing cards)

Comment

It will never happen..There proper c*nts when it comes to showing boxing
            they would rather show us football to death!

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              With Setanta gone why dont HBO set up a UK channel for boxing? They would already have the rights to the American fights they are showing so that would cost nothing, and could use our subscriptions for domestic fight cards. something needs to be done, thats the best idea i can think of. (apologies if anyone else came up with this i havent searched the forums).
              I dont know a thing about the ins and outs regarding laws etc for TV stations. Can this actually be done if HBO wanted to?

Any other suggestions??
              thats a good idea. but i cant see it happening.

Comment

HBO does have Polish broadcasting i think, but that about it.

Comment

it is not acceptable for there to be no decent boxing channel in the UK. setanta did well while they lasted, didnt miss too many fights. the british market has massive potential as there are millions of boxing fans here. we even stay up all night to watch the majority of the good fights. sky sports is not up to the job. when did they ever bring us fights like pacman v marquez, holt v bradley, cotto v clottey etc without it being PPV. they didnt. ****in amir khan is PPV so it says it all really. they are just rip off merchants.

Comment

Its the uk in general..They dont bother with the sports and if so we get no disrespect uk heads but we get the ****ty UK fighters small hall bouts and that bollocks
                    never the fights we wanna see...

Comment

Working...
                    X