No announcement yet.

is it just me or...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it just me or...

do you guys who are really into training and go a lot to the gym to train and like sparring. for you guys does it seem like your entire ego and self-image rests on boxing. for me it does and i feel like if i stop going just for a little while then i dont feel myself and i feel like im practically nothing. anyone else feel this way haha

naw not me. It feels as if im wasting more time to get to pro.

Comment

its unhealthy to be obsessed with it .seek help if u want, but for me if i dont work out daily, i feel weak and tired.

Comment

I feel like that to. There are times when I just dont feel like going to the gym cuz I'm tired or lazy or whatever. Then ultimately I decide not to go. Then after an hour of making that decision, I feel like if I don't go then I aint nobody special or like im not doing anything with my life, so I always end up going. My advice to you, is do it if you want and dont if you dont. Dont let yourself think your a bad person or lazy or anything because you dont box or just took a few days off. Its bad for you. Just the days you feel like going, go. The days you don't feel like going, don't. Its that simple. You're not giving it up or going to end up completely out of shape for missing a few days. To tell you the truth, i work out 100x better on the days that I'm pumped and do feel like going as opposed to the days I dont feel like going but do anyways.

Comment

lol...i feel in a way like that too

Comment

ya i no if i dont go i feel lazy and **** too. but i feel special and i feel like im the only person that does it. its probably from school and getting respect for it. im not sick of it at all i always want to go and i sacrifice to go im just saying. it feels like my entire self-concious is resting on boxing lol. even though i do have a lot of other important things in my life. its just funny how much this sport has gotten to my head.

Comment

Well usually seeing that pic in your sig reminds me part of why I box. The only reason why I think alot of boxers get lazy towards it and get kind of tired of it at times is because boxing is the toughest thing on the planet. Nothing beats its difficulty. If you dont die every single day that you train and if you dont feel pain beyond what you could of dreamed of then you aren't good enough and pushing your absolute hardest everyday can kind of get tiring. A boxer that trains alot can take a week off and still be in better physical and mental shape then someone who trains in anything else. You need to take so much pain every single day and that gets tiring. To me, displaying your heart and courage and having fun in the ring is why I like boxing. But I hate the hard work required for it.

Comment

word dude, respect for that ****.

Comment

do you guys who are really into training and go a lot to the gym to train and like sparring. for you guys does it seem like your entire ego and self-image rests on boxing. for me it does and i feel like if i stop going just for a little while then i dont feel myself and i feel like im practically nothing. anyone else feel this way haha

not for me. i feel like i make boxing - it doesn't make me. technically, i'm not a "boxer" in the conventional sense. but the fighting art i practice and study is similar in many, many respects.

i also don't need to go to a particular place to practice my craft. i can do it anywhere, anytime, anyplace. many of the good/great fighters i've met practice every minute of the day. everything they do seems to be related to practice in some manner. so, in that sense, there is no separation between the practice and non practice.

so, chinese boxing has a very different take on practice than the conventional "western" art of boxing.

kinda got off the point, sorry 'bout that.

Comment

If you dont die every single day that you train and if you dont feel pain beyond what you could of dreamed of then you aren't good enough and pushing your absolute hardest everyday can kind of get tiring. A boxer that trains alot can take a week off and still be in better physical and mental shape then someone who trains in anything else. You need to take so much pain every single day and that gets tiring. To me, displaying your heart and courage and having fun in the ring is why I like boxing. But I hate the hard work required for it.
                    i'm not a proponent of having to "kill" yourself every single day.

if you train with a certain amount of higher intensity for a period of time, you will need a break period or you will break down. overtraining is almost as bad as undertraining.

you have to be able to remain fresh.

Comment

Working...
                    X