No announcement yet.

Fighters only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters only

My goal is to become a trainer Im 28 yrs old 9 amateur fights and 1 pro fight my record is 0-0-1 . I have a question for my fellow fighters amateur and pro. Would you ever let a someone with no ring experience train you? If not how much ring exp. would you think is acceptable to become a trainer? I know some of the best trainers never fought is a pro fight (Cus D'Amato, Lou Duva, Eddie Fudge, Emanuel Steward,Angelo Dundee,Ray Arcel) but I want some opinions.

No ring experience then no training I will allow you to do. If he has at least 30 fights it would depend on his work ethic & other things then Yes but how long would I train with him is the question. Good luck to you.

Comment

One of my best friends had zero amateur fights. He has trained an Olympian, he started three guys that turned pro and won world titles. He trained world champion Nestor Garza and a dozen very solid pros.

Comment

A fighter will look to a coach for that reassurance, that nod that when your 2 rounds down of a 3 round fight, you are in the corner about to come out for the third and he's telling you what to do because you know he has done it.

Now I agree you don't have to be great or to some extent fought of note. But trust is critical, you need to have that fighter/coach bond.

Comment

Working...
        X