Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Django Unchained is a effin GREAT movie. (Discussion Thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to hear it was an excellent movie as 'Inglorious Basterds' was a notch or two below Tarantino's best.

Also nice to know all the actors were superb, particularly Christoph Waltz who is becoming one of the best in business.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Thats probably what it boils down to. Still I just feel people over rate these movies simply because its Tarantino. If someone else made Basterds for example it would probably be laughed at.
      I thought Bastards was a very good movie. Hell, I like it enough to get it on Bluray. I had no idea Tarantino directed it. I dont pay attention to directors like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Thats probably what it boils down to. Still I just feel people over rate these movies simply because its Tarantino. If someone else made Basterds for example it would probably be laughed at.
        I agree with you. I really enjoyed Basterds and thought it was a really good movie but I also think there was a lot of flaws with it that are not talked about nearly as much because it was simply a Tarantino film.

Like the fact that there were two separate plots to kill Hitler and all of his top men and I was waiting until somehow they were going to connect or the two sides were going to collaborate or something but they never did. One of those stories could have been completely cut out of the movie and the end result would have been the same.

Also that the movies was about the 'Basterds' but they were on screen for like 15 minutes of it.

Comment

As good as Big Lebowski?

Comment

Heres my new ranking.

1. Pulp Fiction
            2. Basterds
            3. Django
            4. Resevoir Dogs
            5. Kill Bill

The Klan scene was funnier than anything done in inglorious basterds. Basterds is the better film overall just by an inch.

Leo: A+
            Christoph: A-
            Jamie: B
            Sam Jackson: A

Comment

I just watched it and it's one of the best movies of the year,

Comment

I hear ya Joey good selection! Green K!

Comment

great movie just saw it yesterday!

Samuel L Jackson channeled his inner uncle ruckas in this film

Comment

DiCaprio stole the show.....he should get the Best Supporting Actor win

Comment

I liked it, but I liked others from him a bit more. Here's my list of personal Tarantino favorites....

Reservoir Dogs
                      Inglourious Basterds
                      Pulp Fiction
                      Django Unchained
                      Jackie Brown

Those are his 5 best. Kill Bill is OVERRATED AS F**K, and Death Proof was ehhhhh. Basterds was Tarantino's return to form. Waltz' was better in Basterds than Django, but I mean he's good in both. I think the character in Basterds was just to evil and came off flawless. Django was good, no doubt. One of DiCaprio's finest hours for sure. It'll be hard for the academy to deny him an Oscar for Supporting Actor.

Comment

Working...
                      X