• Show
Clear All

• Chris Eubank's Training Regime

Chris Eubank's training (every day):

First I started my stretching, then
    3 rounds of shadow boxing,
    6 rounds of heavy bag work,
    3 rounds of speed ball,
    Skipping between 20 to 30 minutes non-stop, no break straight through.
    50 sit-ups, not crunches proper sit-ups.
    Stretching.
    Finish with 20 hits in the stomach with a medicine ball.

That was generally the routine.
    If I was sparring it was the same routine but without the bag work.

I did both sprinting and long distance. 7.6 miles every morning, 7 days a week.

Chris ate only one meal each day - whatever his wife was cooking in the evening. He sometimes dipped biscuits in cups of tea throughout the day, but nothing more than that. If he was overweight before a fight, he didn't eat or drink anything for days or even a week (and steamed the weight off!).

Chris had a great physique yet he never lifted a weight in his life! He sometimes did push-ups but very rarely.

Only 70 crunches total?

Either that routine is bogus or he is one of the most naturally gifted athletes in the planet.....Eubanks was always in top physical condition.

Comment

Eubank - http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000804

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
        Only 70 crunches total?

Either that routine is bogus or he is one of the most naturally gifted athletes in the planet.....Eubanks was always in top physical condition.
        He did 50 sit-ups a day, I was suprised by so few also.

Eubank had incredible genetics and fell short of his potential, he was a total prat really!

Comment

Originally posted by JUYJUY
          He did 50 sit-ups a day, I was suprised by so few also.

Eubank had incredible genetics and fell short of his potential, he was a total prat really!

I am a big fan of Eubank, I liked his style and his showboating was humorous....I loved how he would always with the ref right as he was pummeling a guy.....He was just fun to watch.

Eubank never fought in the states and if he did, he probably would have been viewed in a different manner..It's a shame he had awesome skills and was really well rounded.

Comment

ha i do the exact same boxing routine as eubank only do 7 rounds on heavy and 4 rounds of shadow, and do always 4 min rounds with 1 min rest, and i start with ab workout and i finish with ab workout. and i do more strength training then him, but i don't use weights only bodyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
              Only 70 crunches total?

quality over quantity man, and everyone is different, i gotta friend that does hundreds of situps, but its so easy to drop him with body punches, i drop him at least once a round, hence, we only spar for 2 rds

Comment

Originally posted by marvelous_TG
                ha i do the exact same boxing routine as eubank only do 7 rounds on heavy and 4 rounds of shadow, and do always 4 min rounds with 1 min rest, and i start with ab workout and i finish with ab workout. and i do more strength training then him, but i don't use weights only bodyweight.

looks like Eubank focused more on training muscles into boxing, like implanting a a boxing brain into muscles, rather than do tonnes of weights, hill sprints and all other technical cardio exercises that can be seen as cross training. Chris did core exercisers of boxing, and nothing much more. hes regiment may seem short, but it allowed him exert himself almost 100%, instead of crusing along just being reluctant to finish standing.

Comment

Originally posted by JUYJUY

Chris had a great physique yet he never lifted a weight in his life! .
                  I'm not so sure about that because i've heard him say many times that he did lift weights, he maybe didn't do that much, but his training would have incorporated some weights
                  Last edited by paul750; 04-26-2005, 11:02 AM.

Comment

if eubanks foguht in the states more often he would have more loses...but i dont believe that regime...he was too ripped

Comment

Working...
                    X