No announcement yet.

Updating my video card to a great affordable nvidia card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating my video card to a great affordable nvidia card

I mean great card for maybe like 200-300 price range.

Geforce 8800gts 320mb card

Amd Athlon 250 x 3.0 ghz dual processor(this is a new processor, won't be updating this thing forever)

4 gigs of ram

I'm looking for a graphics card that chews and spits out batman arkham asylum so I can run physx on it at 1920 resolution. Right now I can only run batman with physx like a 1180x resolution with highest graphics and phsyx on.

Also looking for a graphics card that chews and spits out gta iv pc. Thanks

Well you can't go wrong with the GTX 200 series, personally i have a gtx 260 that i got for a little under 200$. You could get a gtx 275/GTX 280 for under 300$ i'm pretty sure.

Personally i run most games at 1440x900, i was able to run GTA 4 maxed like that with a little hack. It ran fine, but i'd say GTA 4 on pc is a very bad game to benchmark computer performance on, i ran it fine but some people with much better pc's than i could barely run it.

Comment

I hate that pc gaming is so expensive since developers are too lazy to optimize pc games better for us pc gamers. I'm not even sure if I will update my card, I mean how much improvement am I really getting for my moneys worth? Its like they are kicking us in the nutts.

Comment

Check out Toms hardware, they release a list of the best value graphics cards for different price ranges every month.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/best-g...iew-31675.html

Comment

I can't believe this ****, I'm hearing people with super great graphics cards like 280 and 285s have to shut off AA and play batman with 1920 with high physx that way...

Thats ridiculous since those are expensive cards 300-400 range... Wow, just wow.. These video cards are real scamming now adays, its shameful. Its like they purposely poorly optimize game so you have to always update.

I remember when I paid 350 bucks for my geforce 8800gts 320mb card like 2 yrs ago and now that card is basically worthless to poorly optimized games.

And what pisses me off more is that while physx is nice looking its not like it should need a super computer to run. I mean for christ sakes its like the same physics of Red Faction guerilla except that game runs flawlessly on my computer with the physx type of effects with things breaking everywheres in the environment.

Comment

I think I'm going to wait until prices drop, someone told me to wait 2 months and then get the card I want because he said prices on video cards will be much cheaper by then and plus I'll have time to save up for it. Right now I have 0 bucks, so it would make sense for me to wait for price drops on probably like gtx 295 since they were probably get a bit cheaper when the new directx 11 cards come out.

The gtx 295 is the card I believe will be perfect for me for awhile and probably at a good price once the price drop happens. But one problem, the guy who build my computer builds it so I don't use too much voltage. I'm wondering how many volts that will use.

My system specs show my cpu and current vid card dont use too much voltage.

Amd Athlon II 250
            Nvidia geforce 8800gts 320mb card
            4 gigs of ram

Comment

Honestly man, i have been pc gaming for the past 5-6 years. This summer i decided to get a 360 and i'm glad i did. I'll still play some games that come out on pc, but those are mostly shooters.

There are tons of great game that come on on console and most of them never make it to pc, a lot of the ones that do are ****ty console ports that are badly optimized for pc.

The only thing that is better on pc are shooters, and it's just because a mouse and keyboard will always be more precise than a controller. There are also mmo's on pc, but i couldn't give less of a **** about world of warcraft and repetitive games like that.

Another thing that i hate about pc is that once you buy a game, you're stuck with it, even if its ****. You can't get your money back, you can't trade it.

Atleast with consoles, most video game store have a trading system so you can always turn in games that you don't like or ones that you have finished and get new games.

With that 300$ you want to put on a video card, you could get a 360 or a ps3. I have seen it happen over the years and i can tell you that pc gaming is a dying genre.

Comment

I have a ps3 already. And Pc has the best graphics even with ****ty ports, if you have a pc that is great enough to run at the highest settings it destroys the ps3 and xbox360. I heard console gaming is such a fraud that most games are only 720p and not even full hd like all pc games can be full hd.

Comment

I only ever play strategy games on PC. PC games look better but i prefer console, great exclusives and less hacks.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
                    I mean great card for maybe like 200-300 price range.

Geforce 8800gts 320mb card

Amd Athlon 250 x 3.0 ghz dual processor(this is a new processor, won't be updating this thing forever)

4 gigs of ram

I'm looking for a graphics card that chews and spits out batman arkham asylum so I can run physx on it at 1920 resolution. Right now I can only run batman with physx like a 1180x resolution with highest graphics and phsyx on.

Also looking for a graphics card that chews and spits out gta iv pc. Thanks

the cheapest and best deal is the ati 4890 OC

thing is nearly as fast as a 285 gtx only way, WAY cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                    X