No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Andre Dirrell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    So is his brother. I'm suprised no one ever mentions Anthony in any of these discussions. I think hes even better than Andre and cracks with more power. Look at his fight with St Juste. I think hes the truth.
    Anthony is good but a bit too stationary, not because he doesn't have the legs but because that's his preference, to stand and counter.

Comment

Hopkins Jr would break his will and make him quit in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        i don't think it will be as easy as "he will get inside"

how?

Dirrell is fast as **** and he's moving around the ring at PACE, nonstop, he slides along the ropes and is VERY difficult to pin down.

I think it is a fascinating matchup, i'm jut not sure if Dirrell will even get there, he is wasting years of his prime, and his style won't age well past 30
        Exactly why I've been dying to see this one.

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        I've felt since beginning of the super six, Dirrell was the only guy that could beat Ward...
        Same here!

Comment

I prefer this HL BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            i don't think it will be as easy as "he will get inside"

how?

Dirrell is fast as **** and he's moving around the ring at PACE, nonstop, he slides along the ropes and is VERY difficult to pin down.

I think it is a fascinating matchup, i'm jut not sure if Dirrell will even get there, he is wasting years of his prime, and his style won't age well past 30
            I think it's exactly that simple. Ward will put a ton of pressure on Dirrell. We've seen that Dirrell hasn't handled that well. Fight over. Wouldn't be a knockout or stoppage, but Dirrell would get manhandled.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I think it's exactly that simple. Ward will put a ton of pressure on Dirrell. We've seen that Dirrell hasn't handled that well. Fight over. Wouldn't be a knockout or stoppage, but Dirrell would get manhandled.
              You don't understand how special Dirrell is. It would probably be Ward's toughest fight.

Comment

Dirrell is a talented fighter no doubt about that.

Comment

He'd dive on the floor and ***** the referee for 12 rounds.

Comment

He has the skills to do it, but doesn't have the heart to match.

Comment

Dirrell will run and potshot, I don' think Ward has the foot-speed to cut off the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X