Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters who look up to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could eat fast food once in a while and still maintain a physically fit body.

Comment

Um you know how many champions were coke heads and alcoholics? So what if he eats a big mac every now and then. The way he trains his cholesterol will be fine and he obviously doesnt have weight problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        If Floyd's eat fast food every now and then, so what??? Almost everyone does every now and then at some point. Just don't carried anyway with that s**t, and eat good food as well, and work out.

Fast Food, though not addicting really obviously, is like cigarettes. People know the danger of csmoking cigarettes, yet some choose to do it. People know the danger of going overboard with fast food, yet some still do it.

Who cares???
        I think that fast food can be addictive.There were a couple of studies published abput 10 years ago which showed that the fatty taste is the most pleasing to the tongue tastebuds, ans is the reason so many people eat it. I think one of the studies was commissioned by MacDonalds, for a different purpose and this was one of the results which emerged.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          I think that fast food can be addictive.There were a couple of studies published abput 10 years ago which showed that the fatty taste is the most pleasing to the tongue tastebuds, ans is the reason so many people eat it. I think one of the studies was commissioned by MacDonalds, for a different purpose and this was one of the results which emerged.
          Cigarettes are certainly addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
            Does he have to share while being active? You can't wait to see maybe after he retires if he let's some things go? And even if he doesn't, it wouldn't matter.
            This.

In a sport where having the ultimate edge depends on knowledge of the game, Why should Floyd give his secrets? Its like a magician revealing how his magic work midshow.
            Last edited by Syf; 04-22-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
              Floyd misleads the audience into believing that he eats fast food and lives off of soda, while working hard. He is like a magician unwilling to show the secrets to his tricks. Doesn't show sparring footage (well except for the recent one where he probably underperformed intentionally), pretends to eat bad food even though he has a Nutritionist & cook who make him healthy foods.

He is sending the wrong message to those who are inspired by him and his success. Even when asked by interviewers what advice he would give to up and coming fighters, he spews some phony bull**** talking point that doesn't help. And obviously he has said that he doesn't wanna be a Boxing training after he retires but rather sit behind a desk "like a boss".
              You think he is going to show all he does lol you think he is not going to appear to be doing wrong , he would only be showing the opponents how to beat him if he were to show the inside workings of his camp , after all the hype and selling this is a very serious competition you realize that dont you ?

Comment

There's nothing wrong with eating fast food once in a while. I'm assuming that those aspiring young fighters don't believe that you can have a body like Floyd if you eat fast food everyday. If it happens once in a week there's nothing to be worried about.

Comment

This is why Floyd is talked about so much. He gets people's interest by doing something that has no relevance to his preparation to the fight. If you truly believe 1 Big Mac a week, is going to physically hurt him in his upcoming fight, or people who look up to him is rediculous. You would almost think, his intense work out schedule is more of a danger to his health, than a Big Mac. The Man works out the same amount people work full time jobs.

Comment

Floyd eats both junk food and healthy food, I think everybody knows that so it's a pointless thread.

Comment

floyd is a really smart person

he knows how to play wit people's emotions and perceptions

selling his "money may" personality

(and hes right, alot of these boxers do not have any personality lol)

showing himself eating fast food, messing wit ppl mind's thinking oh hes not in that much shape, especially his opponent

but watch come fight night, he will b in tip top shape

and of course he lies in his interviews, its so obvious, especially when he starts stuttering or says the same things, just re words them

hard work and dedication is what you need, but what work and what type of dedication is a completely different story

saying obvious racist ignorant things and saying oh i cant stand behind my race, its all to have ppl buy the pay-per-view to see him lose

him showing money, spending it and cursing and not caring, saying he will have obama holding his belt to the ring if he fights pacquiao (the very thought is hlirarious) and acting ****y

its amazing how alot ppl cant see that lol

ali really made this techinque popular and it will obviously be continued to used in the future coming

but this is why i like floyd, he is a genius in and out the ring, but he does make stupid mistakes though, but still a genius

Comment

Working...
                      X