Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andre Ward fight Arthur Abraham in Germany?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany.

The fallout on here if Ward got robbed would be priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Megamerican View Post
      Name a place better than the U.S. when it comes to decisions. Germany and the UK is certenley alot worse, Canada is pretty bad(see pascal-hopkins).

There have loads of fights were Americans got robbed and there have been loads of fights where the foreign fighter got a more than fair decision.
      Yes there is hometown judges and ref everywhere and like I said Vegas ones are the best.

And Lewis vs Holyfield were one of the worst ones ever.

Almost as bad as Ried vs Ottke.

Should Abraham be forced to fight 3 fights away from home? Is that fair?

Comment

Ward needs the hometown reffing to get him through his fights. Anywhere else, he gets dq'd by the 4th rd for dirty fighting.......I thought everybody knew this.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
          Let's face it, no place is neutral any more in boxing. Boxing in general is corrupted.

People act like close fights in US never go to the visiting fighter. They are forgetting Calzaghe-Hopkins. A fight were most people thought Hopkins won. Judge Chuck Giampa is an American and he had a wide score of 116-111 for Calzaghe. Ted Gimza, another American judge, had the fight a little closer 115-112 for Calzaghe. And finally Adalaide Byrd, another American judge had Hopkins winning a close fight fight 113-114.

If it was in the UK, scores would have been 120-108 across, all for Calzaghe[the knock down would have been ruled a slip].

And we all saw what happened to Dirrell in Nottingham.

So much for Americans being the bad guys.

Think I had Calzaghe by 3 rounds but Adalaide Byrd decision was far from right. Hopkins had to play act and roll around on the floor for a breather.

Where did Bradley win his world title, but one judge did get in wrong on that occasion as well

Comment

Wouldn't that be something if AA caught Ward cold and put him to sleep. lol

Comment

I wish i could fast forward this fight. I say Ward fights away from home just for the experience but certainly notin Germany. He should win by such a large margine that judges wont really matter. He knows how to change his style so he wont be there for AA to hit.

Comment

Not the judges in Germany you should be worried about, the way Ward fights he is very likely to get destroyed.

Comment

Of course it should be held in Germany, but Ward is the US boxing cash cow to come from this tournament so it definitely won't be.

Comment

No,the fight should be held in a neutral location.the refs in germany are generally terrible,and simply because the ref in the ward-kessler fight didnt have his best night,we shouldnt think otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
                      Let's face it, no place is neutral any more in boxing. Boxing in general is corrupted.

People act like close fights in US never go to the visiting fighter. They are forgetting Calzaghe-Hopkins. A fight were most people thought Hopkins won. Judge Chuck Giampa is an American and he had a wide score of 116-111 for Calzaghe. Ted Gimza, another American judge, had the fight a little closer 115-112 for Calzaghe. And finally Adalaide Byrd, another American judge had Hopkins winning a close fight fight 113-114.

If it was in the UK, scores would have been 120-108 across, all for Calzaghe
                      [the knock down would have been ruled a slip].

And we all saw what happened to Dirrell in Nottingham.

So much for Americans being the bad guys.
                      calzaghe may have been the visitor based on location but based on crowd support he was the home fighter. the crowd obviously influenced the judges into scoring rounds for calzaghe based on him doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X