Clear All

Martinez by decision
    don't know how much longer he'll last at his age
    but he still has more game than Alvarez
    not a fight that's out of Canelo's reach though
    Martinez would lose a few rds but take a clear decision

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
      when you watch segio fight and his interviews ect how can you tell me he does not have as much hunger as saul alvarez? Sergio is motivated to be the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world period! that is why he is fighting the top opposition in the world and calling everybody out. You don't see the same fire in alvarez eyes as you do martinez. and youth? you can put it this way, martinez has more ring experience and would destroy him no doubt about it. mexico? ........

sergio's style, speed, ring intelligence and movement would be the deciding factor in this fight.
      I don't care what you see in his eyes, I see a fighter that has already proven himself and already knows, he's never getting a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao. Canelo has all the doubters in the world and he knows it. Sergio has all the believers in the world and he knows it. No way Sergio is more apt to wanting to prove himself more than Canelo. Sergio has no better reason, he's already proven.

Alvarez has youth. Sergio is still good, but on his way out. For godsakes, Chavez came very close to stopping him and Chavez didn't even have to wear him down to do it. Sergio slowed down natually late in the fight. Alverez, not only would wear him down more than Chavez, he would really pick him apart late in the fight and not gas out like Chavez did. Had Chavez been in better shape, he would have knocked out Martinez.

And the Mexico thing, Alvarez would have home court advantage pretty much anywhere the fight would be.

Comment

Originally posted by FkDaHtrs View Post
        I don't care what you see in his eyes, I see a fighter that has already proven himself and already knows, he's never getting a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao. Canelo has all the doubters in the world and he knows it. Sergio has all the believers in the world and he knows it. No way Sergio is more apt to wanting to prove himself more than Canelo. Sergio has no better reason, he's already proven.

Alvarez has youth. Sergio is still good, but on his way out. For godsakes, Chavez came very close to stopping him and Chavez didn't even have to wear him down to do it. Sergio slowed down natually late in the fight. Alverez, not only would wear him down more than Chavez, he would really pick him apart late in the fight and not gas out like Chavez did. Had Chavez been in better shape, he would have knocked out Martinez.

And the Mexico thing, Alvarez would have home court advantage pretty much anywhere the fight would be.
        Sergio still wants to get better constantly. The reason Martinez won't get a fight with may or pac is because he is too high risk. If Alvarez wanted to prove himself he would have fought a top junior middleweight by now right? And as for Chavez almost stopping Martinez, look at Chavez size dude. Chavez is dam near or if not 190 pounds against a fairly small middleweight. He got Martinez hurt but had over half the round to finish him and what happened? Martinez fought back like a true warrior and kept taking more and more shots but kept coming forward. Maravilla beat him 11 rounds to 1. And if thats not good enough for ya then you're just a hater. Alvarez would lose to Chavez. Chavez is too big and too strong. Alvarez is good but Chavez would over power him. Alvarez don't have the footwork or movement of Martinez to get away from Chavez. What does home court have to do with anything? In the end its just two fighters. Fans can't fight for the fighters. But answer me this question, if Alvarez is so "motivated" why hasn't he fought a top junior middleweight yet? to prove himself to himself and the people. or do you consider the Josesito win as a huge win?
        Last edited by Ring Leader; 10-31-2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

No way Canelo fights Martinez before Floyd. Floyd will not fight Canelo if he's coming off a loss to Martinez. If Canelo fights any of Cotto, Mayweather, or Martinez next May, it'll be Floyd first

Comment

I' have to go with Martinez via KO

but he would do better than Chavez

Comment

Sergio still wants to get better constantly. The reason Martinez won't get a fight with Martinez is because he is too high risk. If Alvarez wanted to prove himself he would have fought a top junior middleweight by now right? And as for Chavez almost stopping Martinez, look at Chavez size dude. Chavez is dam near or if not 190 pounds against a fairly small middleweight. He got Martinez hurt but had over half the round to finish him and what happened? Martinez fought back like a true warrior and kept taking more and more shots but kept coming forward. Maravilla beat him 11 rounds to 1. And if thats not good enough for ya then you're just a hater. Alvarez would lose to Chavez. Chavez is too big and too strong. Alvarez is good but Chavez would over power him. Alvarez don't have the footwork or movement of Martinez to get away from Chavez. What does home court have to do with anything? In the end its just two fighters. Fans can't fight for the fighters. But answer me this question, if Alvarez is so "motivated" why hasn't he fought a top junior middleweight yet? to prove himself to himself and the people. or do you consider the Josesito win as a huge win?
              Alvarez is young and feels he has to listen to his managers and promoters. We are not poor kids from Mexico that probably didn't have running water growing up, then these American guys are giving us Millions to fight and we should go against what they suggest? You're not in Canelo's shoes, so you can't possibly understand the situation. If he is 30 and still not fighting anyone, then I can see your point. Don't forget they had Paul Williams lined up, then tried to get Kirkland, and Ortiz. The time is coming soon.

Chavez was a lot bigger, but he didn't wear down Martinez. Chavez was not 100% in shape. He trained when he felt like it and even smoked weed. I commend Martinez for still fighting after he was hurt, but if he pulled that with Alvarez, he'd get knocked out quick.
              Last edited by FkDaHtrs; 10-31-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FkDaHtrs View Post
                Alvarez is young and feels he has to listen to his managers and promoters. We are not poor kids from Mexico that probably didn't have running water growing up, then these American guys are giving us Millions to fight and we should go against what they suggest? You're not in Canelo's shoes, so you can't possibly understand the situation. If he is 30 and still not fighting anyone, then I can see your point. Don't forget they had Paul Williams lined up, then tried to get Kirkland, and Ortiz. The time is coming soon.

Chavez was a lot bigger, but he didn't wear down Martinez. Chavez was not 100% in shape. He trained when he felt like it and even smoked weed. I commend Martinez for still fighting after he was hurt, but if he pulled that with Alvarez, he's get knocked out quick.
                The thing that bothers me is that Saul Alvarez is the WBC Light Middleweight Champion of the World! If the guy is going to take that title and keep it hostage and keep fighting opposition who don't deserve title shots then why not just give it up? Let the other top dogs fight for it and fight eachother. Don't you think world champions should be fighting the absolute best in the division? I do respect Alvarez for the Paul Williams fight, that was bad ass man. But as for the Kirkland fight? meh. Kirkland is ok but very overrated. Guy got iced by Ishida or whatever his name is. Ortiz? Not a top 154 pounder. But as for Chavez coming in 100% shape that is his fault and nobody else. Nobody forced him to smoke pot during training camp. And as for Alvarez catching Martinez? It's a different ball game when the target is constantly moving and is a bigger guy than you. Alvarez is constantly fighting smaller men and how many of them have good lateral movement? great speed? power, timing?
                Last edited by Ring Leader; 10-31-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Martinez is just too much

Comment

The thing that bothers me is that Saul Alvarez is the WBC Light Middleweight Champion of the World! If the guy is going to take that title and keep it hostage and keep fighting opposition who don't deserve title shots then why not just give it up? Let the other top dogs fight for it and fight eachother. Don't you think world champions should be fighting the absolute best in the division? I do respect Alvarez for the Paul Williams fight, that was bad ass man. But as for the Kirkland fight? meh. Kirkland is ok but very overrated. Guy got iced by Ishida or whatever his name is. Ortiz? Not a top 154 pounder. But as for Chavez coming in 100% shape that is his fault and nobody else. Nobody forced him to smoke pot during training camp. And as for Alvarez catching Martinez? It's a different ball game when the target is constantly moving and is a bigger guy than you. Alvarez is constantly fighting smaller men and how many of them have good lateral movement? great speed? power, timing?
                    I do agree with you about Canelo being protected and all that, but knowing his age and his background, it is understandable. I think we put too much into the titles. Its the fighter that matters and who he beats, not so much the belt. Canelo without the belt would still be Canelo and would still get criticized for not stepping up the competition.

Yes it was Chavez fault for coming in the shape he was in, but it was just an observation I was making. Sergio is lucky Chavez was pretty gassed out at the end of that fight, but I do give Sergio some credit for that. If Chavez wasn't such a spoiled brat, we wouldn't have to wonder how that fight would have went.

I know Canelo hasn't faced a fighter like Martinez, but the case I'm making is there are other factors, IMO, that give Canelo the edge.
                    Last edited by FkDaHtrs; 10-31-2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X