Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see Loma-Duran at 135 going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy, already here I see. First fight at 135 and the fantasy madness starts. The funnier thing is after one fight at 135 that didn’t necessarily show much, people already have him beating Duran. Never stops.

Comment

Lomachenko is a great fighter.

That said, he's had one fight at Lightweight where he is very small at the weight, and some people have him beating arguably the greatest Lightweight fighter of all-time?

Comment

lomachenko would have duran saying no mad!

Comment

Duran would have been too much for him at 135. Duran would have been too much for just about anyone at 135, easily top 3 all-time LW. Duran had underrated speed and defense, especially at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
            Nobody beats Duran at 135.
            This is just a fact.

You're comparing one of the undisputed greatest fighters of all time vs a guy with less than 20 professional fights.

Comment

Duran works Loma at Lightweight.

Comment

Duran wins that fight. Close decision, but could see a late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                  This is just a fact.

You're comparing one of the undisputed greatest fighters of all time vs a guy with less than 20 professional fights.
                  I think Carlos Ortiz can beat him at Lightweight. That would take a trilogy to separate them IMO.

Regarding Loma with Duran. He's barely got to 135 and appears small at the weight so though it's fair to say Loma can give him problems (who wouldn't he give problems too with his blend of skills?) it's very hard to go against Duran who was one of the greatest fighters ever especially at his Lightweight peak. Duran by a solid UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    It never ceases to amaze me the degree to which past greats are inflated however. Maybe I'm waaay off, but in my world the greatest boxers of each era would probably square off reasonably competitively against each other.
                    Can't say I disagree actually. These top great guys are a coin flip away from winning if it were possible for them to fight. Some of them could win purely by their style matching up right. I think guys earlier than the 50s-70s outside of the HW division wouldn't stand a chance to today's athletes though.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      I think Carlos Ortiz can beat him at Lightweight. That would take a trilogy to separate them IMO.

Regarding Loma with Duran. He's barely got to 135 and appears small at the weight so though it's fair to say Loma can give him problems (who wouldn't he give problems too with his blend of skills?) it's very hard to go against Duran who was one of the greatest fighters ever especially at his Lightweight peak. Duran by a solid UD.
                      I'd have Duran by KO if it were me. LW was the lowest weight Duran fought at, he KOd middleweights. LW is the biggest Loma has gone and he looks small at that weight. They don't call him Manos de Piedra for nothing

Comment

Working...
                      X