No announcement yet.

Famous Chicago Boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Chicago Boxers?

C'mon, I can't think of any but there has to be some famous boxers to come out of the Windy City Boxing Gym.

*bump*_)+)*_)(&)_*&_****)_(_

Comment

Bobby Hitz, the one time fighter who is now the big time chicago promoter. Hes famous to me aleast..............Rockin'

Comment

clubber lang is from chicago

Comment

Golota
          Angel Manfready

are the two I can think of off the top of my head

My great grandfather boxed in a chicago boxing league in like the 20's or 30's or something.

Alot of the Chicago public parks still have boxing gyms but nobody uses them, I dont live in the city of Chicago but I know that much.
          Last edited by The Troll; 04-05-2005, 02:28 AM.

Comment

I think I am going to go to this
            All you can drink and boxing for 65$ aint a bad deal

http://www.hitzboxing.com/upcoming.html
            Last edited by The Troll; 04-05-2005, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
              Bobby Hitz, the one time fighter who is now the big time chicago promoter. Hes famous to me aleast..............Rockin'
              Hitz's headliner is Art "The Polish Warrior" Binkowski
              he is kinda a bum, he got a gift descision in his last fight but he used to be a sparring partner for Lennox Lewis,and is the Illinois State Heavyweight Champion, but he is not fighting at the next Hitz promotin at Bourbon Street in Marrionette Park. But Art is Polish Canadian, not from Illinois, not a chicago fighter, but all his fights are in Chicago at the Ramada Inn in Rosemont usually. He fights out of Windsor Ontario which is like a 4.5 hour drive from Chicago.

Last edited by The Troll; 04-14-2005, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I just sent him an e-mail saying hello and seeing if he remembered me. We got into a heated one down at the gym one day, it was funny man. That guy was fun..............Rockin'

Comment

Golota is a bum, and I'm ashamed to have him fight from Chicago. Seriously, the man has no heart at all. The least he could have done was just gone down from a Tyson shot, but no, the ***** just leaves the fight. What he did was inexcusable, and I haven't liked him since I saw that. The loss before that he got the **** kicked out of him, and he had good reason to stop. His face was all battered after that guy unleashed on him. Against Tyson he took a few shots, and clinched. He wasn't hurt, aside from a tiny cut above his eye, and he still left the fight. What a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by The Italian Stallion
                    C'mon, I can't think of any but there has to be some famous boxers to come out of the Windy City Boxing Gym.
                    the southern states are the breeding ground of great boxers

Comment

Working...
                    X