Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo DEMANDS Cotto, Sergio, or Mayweather for next fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather....1 of 2 things will happen: Mayweather will outclass Canelo and once again prove his dominance against a young hungry fighter, OR Canelo pulls off the upset and Floyd finally gets his ego checked. Either way, Canelo will be forced to fight the 2nd-tier fighters afterwards (although a rematch could happen). Alvarez beating Floyd is great for the entire LMW division.

Comment

Cotto won't beat Trout imo

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Mayweather....1 of 2 things will happen: Mayweather will outclass Canelo and once again prove his dominance against a young hungry fighter, OR Canelo pulls off the upset and Floyd finally gets his ego checked. Either way, Canelo will be forced to fight the 2nd-tier fighters afterwards (although a rematch could happen). Alvarez beating Floyd is great for the entire LMW division.
        Why would Floyd fight Canelo in May, when they could just make Canelo-Cotto for May, and than Floyd can wait for the winner???

I don't think Floyd will fight Canelo until Canelo actually gets a big win or a couple good wins first. If Canelo beats Cotto, this all happens only if Cotto beats Trout of course (which is no easy task at all), than I have nod oubt Floyd will fight him, as it'd be a big fight then in terms of money and significance.

I truly hope and pray Floyd fights Pacquiao this April/May. If not, I wouldn't even mind seeing Floyd fight Bradley, since Bradley is holding out for a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
          I want maravilla to Rape him
          Literally?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Why would Floyd fight Canelo in May, when they could just make Canelo-Cotto for May, and than Floyd can wait for the winner???

I don't think Floyd will fight Canelo until Canelo actually gets a big win or a couple good wins first. If Canelo beats Cotto, this all happens only if Cotto beats Trout of course (which is no easy task at all), than I have nod oubt Floyd will fight him, as it'd be a big fight then in terms of money and significance.

I truly hope and pray Floyd fights Pacquiao this April/May. If not, I wouldn't even mind seeing Floyd fight Bradley, since Bradley is holding out for a good fight.
            Please tell me your floyd's manager, otherwise SMDH.......

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Canelo/Molina in December
              Canelo/winner of Lara/Vanes in May
              Canelo/winner of Cotto/Trout in September

Ideally, Canelo should not be fighting Mayweather until 2014, but it's clear that boxing doesn't work this way. Beating Cotto (assuming he loses to Trout) won't mean shit. Will Mayweather fight Canelo in May? highly doubt that. But does beating Cotto mean that Floyd should be his next opponent? I disagree. Hopefully, WBC will uphold their own rules and will force Canelo to fight the winner of Lara/Vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                Canelo would be more competative than Chavez jr
                Not sure about that. The one thing that kept Chavez in that fight was his probable 15-20 pound weight advantage.

My guess is that Canelo Martinez would look the same only he might get stopped.

On to the other fighters:

Mayweather outboxes him to a UD.

Cotto is the most vulnerable of the three opponents. Not sure how that turns out.

Comment

Never understood the hate toward Canelo and his competition.
                  The fact is recently after Mosley he sought out big challanges. Paul Williams would have been gunning for the young guy to resurrect his career. We all know what happened
                  Ortiz and Canelo would have been a war, most likely Canelo wins but he would have taken some big hits.
                  At the end of the day you have to make an event, and so Lopez was third on deck.
                  I hope we see Canelo take on a Cotto or Sergio soon, it would be the next logical step for him. Don't forget this is still a very young fighter, he just has a lot more buzz around him so people don't want to be as patient.

Comment

Let's be honest here this is just about money. Lets not act like Canelo is gonna become some kind of road warrior from now on. This little queer only wants to fight on cinco de mayo and Mexican independence weekend. He thinks he's de la Hoya already and he hasn't even put in the work!

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      Never understood the hate toward Canelo and his competition.
                      The fact is recently after Mosley he sought out big challanges. Paul Williams would have been gunning for the young guy to resurrect his career. We all know what happened
                      Ortiz and Canelo would have been a war, most likely Canelo wins but he would have taken some big hits.
                      At the end of the day you have to make an event, and so Lopez was third on deck.
                      I hope we see Canelo take on a Cotto or Sergio soon, it would be the next logical step for him. Don't forget this is still a very young fighter, he just has a lot more buzz around him so people don't want to be as patient.
                      Williams and Kirkland yes. Ortiz hell no.

Comment

Working...
                      X