No announcement yet.

Cleverly Wants Knock Khan off the Spot in British Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleverly Wants Knock Khan off the Spot in British Boxing

NATHAN CLEVERLY is aiming to snatch Amir Khan's self-proclaimed 'Best in Britain' title.

Khan named himself No.1 last month and followed it up with a knockout victory over Zab Judah to add the IBF light-welterweight belt to his WBA title.

But 24-year-old Cleverly said: "Amir's definitely got a point. he's won his world title, beat some top-class, dangerous guys and just won a unification fight for another version of the title.
    Advertisement >>

"he's not one of these guys who do all the talking but can't back it up and I respect that.

"he's probably the top British boxer at the moment but I want to challenge him for that mantle.

"In the next couple of years I want to be right up there and challenging the big American names, in big fights and unifying titles."

Next up for the WBO lightheavyweight holder is a showdown with bitter rival Tony Bellew, probably in October.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-s...#ixzz1UFYOHVaW
    Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

nothing wrong with what clev said,but khan along with froch are the best fighters.cant see clev doing to be honest,hes in the wrong division

Comment

Froch is up there with Khan but it's not going to last long because I don't see Froch getting pass Ward.

Comment

Cleverly couldnt hold Amir's or Carl's jockstrap.

This dude has a big mouth, cant wait until he gets KO'd infront of his lover Frank "Senior Chav' Warren.

Comment

do us a favor clev, if you dont even give khan a good fight please stop entertaining any interview

Comment

ummm Carl Froch anyone?

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ this guy. Whatta dope.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                Cleverly couldnt hold Amir's or Carl's jockstrap.

This dude has a big mouth, cant wait until he gets KO'd infront of his lover Frank "Senior Chav' Warren.
                Quote of the Day. Absolutely hilarious

Green K.

Comment

To do that you're gonna need a trainer change mate!

Comment

Not a bad fighter at all, but I think that would be pretty hard to accomplish. Good to see at least he has that goal.

Comment

Working...
                    X