Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the rumors about HBO's declining budget and going out of business must be true.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the rumors about HBO's declining budget and going out of business must be true.

The reason I say this is because the last I checked, Time /Warner; Which owns HBO, are in intense negotiations with the telecommunications conglomerate AT&T for a merger by selling its shares of the company for a whopping $84 Billion. As a matter of fact, the deal has been finalized pending a Justice department review. So it's no wonder why they are cutting their boxing programming and selling the company because they are losing money.
    Last edited by champion4ever; 11-13-2016, 01:39 AM.

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    The reason I say this is because the last I checked, Time /Warner; Which owns HBO, are in intense negotiations with the telecommunications conglomerate AT&T for a merger by selling its shares of the company for a whopping $84 Billion. As a matter of fact, the deal has been finalized pending a Justice department review. So it's no wonder why they are cutting their boxing programming and selling the company because they are losing money.
    HBO isn't losing money.. If anything it's a nice cash cow for time warner...boxing budget is getting cut to fund shows like game of thrones and west world.. That's hbo's plan now

Comment

Uhhhh Hbo's budget doesn't revolve around boxing OP. Hbo is the largest subscription based premium network on television. Period.

Comment

I have a question for you posters. If Time/Warner; Which owns HBO isn't losing any money then why are they selling their company to AT&T then; Especially if it's making them this huge profit?

Comment

AT&T is a monster. It recently purchased Directv. Is that because they weren't doing satellite right? Cmon breh

Comment

I have a question for you posters. If Time/Warner; Which owns HBO isn't losing any money then why are they selling their company to AT&T then; Especially if it's making them this huge profit?
            "Time Warner Inc reported higher-than-expected earnings on Wednesday on strong revenue from its HBO cable channel and Turner Broadcasting unit.

The New York-based company said first-quarter net income rose to $1.21 billion, or $1.51 per share, from $970 million, or $1.15 per share, a year earlier."

HBO is making profit, lots

Comment

HBO Boxing may no longer exist, but overall HBO is doing very well and will be around for awhile.

Comment

UH...That does NOT mean they will pump some of that money into Boxing, why the **** would they when fans are not supporting, NOT Buying PPV's and not tuning in consistently so NO that deal means NOTHING for boxing
                Last edited by sicko; 11-13-2016, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Because AT&T is paying a heckuva premium to get premium content to push through to their wireless/telecom/satellite customers and deliver value for money.

Game of Thrones, Westworld, Real Time w/Bill Mahr, Last Week Tonight, Veep, Ballers, Sesame Street (HBO Kids), Girls, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, and Hard Knocks, the first run of Hollywood films beyond the theaters, and boxing is basically what AT&T is paying for (to give folks added reason to get their phone service through AT&T and their TV service through DirectTV); if they want to take the money set aside for boxing to develop another TV show (Wikipedia says that HBO is looking at possibly developing something for Watchmen), that'll be up to what AT&T still thinks boxing is worth.

Comment

Working...
                  X