No announcement yet.

Why Mayweather-Mosley Was a Better Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
    Floyd fought a beautiful fight against Mosley, Pac was sloppy and amateurish, I guess I just prefer the sweet science more
    We all appreciate the sweet science, but you're making the Mayweather fight against Mosley a world leap over Pacquiao vs Mosley which wasn't the case (again, unless you're biased towards Mayweather). As much as you can discredit Pacquiao vs Mosley with all its intangibles, the same can be done for Mayweather vs Mosley. In the end, it comes down to who you side (in this case, Mayweather) and you'll big him up as much as possible to shed a better light on Floyd over Manny. But in reality, both guys dominated the same fighter in different fashion. People can talk about Pacquiao fighting Floyd's leftovers, but we can sit and disect all the leftovers Floyd's had in the last several years, but who has time to do that and or who really cares? If you're a Boxer in a certain weight division, win or lose, you're bound to fight the same opponents.

Also, the last time I checked, Floyd doesn't have a win over Cotto, Margarito, or Clottey. I find it hard to believe mayweather fans would keep their pants dry with at least 2 of those 3 on his resume with a W next to it. But being Pacquiao beat them (soundly) they were already past it, as if Mosley wasn't at all against Mayweather.

But hey, to each his own and who you side with in the end (which is what it really boils down to).

Comment

Will ya'll give this a rest?

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        We all appreciate the sweet science, but you're making the Mayweather fight against Mosley a world leap over Pacquiao vs Mosley which wasn't the case (again, unless you're biased towards Mayweather). As much as you can discredit Pacquiao vs Mosley with all its intangibles, the same can be done for Mayweather vs Mosley. In the end, it comes down to who you side (in this case, Mayweather) and you'll big him up as much as possible to shed a better light on Floyd over Manny. But in reality, both guys dominated the same fighter in different fashion. People can talk about Pacquiao fighting Floyd's leftovers, but we can sit and disect all the leftovers Floyd's had in the last several years, but who has time to do that and or who really cares? If you're a Boxer in a certain weight division, win or lose, you're bound to fight the same opponents.

Also, the last time I checked, Floyd doesn't have a win over Cotto, Margarito, or Clottey. I find it hard to believe mayweather fans would keep their pants dry with at least 2 of those 3 on his resume with a W next to it. But being Pacquiao beat them (soundly) they were already past it, as if Mosley wasn't at all against Mayweather.

But hey, to each his own and who you side with in the end (which is what it really boils down to).
        If he dominated the same as Mayweather people wouldnt of been booing and leaving the arena, most fans enjoyed Mayweather's performance against shane. I guess you have already forgot about the incessant glive touching, hugging, and smiling contest between the two. Dude, I dont have to explain that was a **** fight, all the reviews confirm it

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
          If he dominated the same as Mayweather people wouldnt of been booing and leaving the arena, most fans enjoyed Mayweather's performance against shane. I guess you have already forgot about the incessant glive touching, hugging, and smiling contest between the two. Dude, I dont have to explain that was a **** fight, all the reviews confirm it
          I didn't agree with the whole glove tapping either, and maybe that's Pacquiao's downside. But in retrospect, Mosley was dealing with two different animals in Pac and Mayweather. Floyd takes his time and just outboxes you. Mosley really had no reason to evade Floyd more than just trying to figure out his defense. I enjoy watching that as much as the next Boxing fan, but that in itself didn't make the fight exciting or intriguing to me. Pacquiao's approach was much different and it made Mosley get on the defensive pretty much the entire night. I don't wanna shed too much light on Pac's leg injury due to the fact I don't know the severity of the injury, but if that were the case I probably can see why Manny wasn't as effective because it wasn't due to Mosley's onslaught (which he threw away after round 3).

As far as the boos, it comes with the territory sometimes. Floyd's had his share of boos during fights. I don't see how that's hurt him up till now (except his absence from the ring).

Comment

Working...
          X