No announcement yet.

How do you feel about bullfighting? WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    So what part if "nature" is it purposefully done for the entertainment of other?
    ever seen a cat play with a mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      Question: Are you a vegetarian? Or vegan?

If not, you can't really speak about hunting being "animal cruelty."

Personally, I feel much better about eating a deer I killed myself, that got to live its life free to roam the wild, than animals raised on factory farms in 5x5 cages, never seeing the light of day for their short lives. . . Probably handled very inhumanely as well.
      I agree 100% with what you said. I really dont have a stance on bull fighting but i feel that People who arent vegans or veggies shouldnt be criticizing bullfighting, we could criticize our own beloved boxing for cruelty to animals when the boxers we follow use leather gloves. Im not sure if this changes anything but the bulls are pampered and treated like royalty throughout their whole lives up until they head to the plaza

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
        I really dont have a stance on bull fighting but i feel that People who arent vegans or veggies shouldnt be criticizing bullfighting
        That's because you're ******ed.

The fact that an individual is a carnivore has no bearing on their ability to form an opinion in regards to cruelty to animals. You seem to be implying that because a person eats meat that action renders them incapable of having any emotion in regards to the treatment of animals.

Essentially what you're saying is that whoever eats meat condones torture.

That's a laughably ******ed implication.

Comment

i like it when bulls kick shet back.

but its ethnic culture man. which america lacks of. everyone here is too damn sensitive.

i fought hybrid roosters in manila, it aint nothing.

Comment

if i go to spain, im not sure if im gonna visit a bull fighting

Comment

I was in Pamplona Spain and one of the Bulls jumped clean out of the ring.

It was like get me the hell out of here.

The Spanish told me bullfighting was a cultural thing and an art not sport, but I wasn't a fan.

The Bull and it's parts are eaten and it's balls for some reason (probably having to do with libido) were especially prized.

Comment

Saw my first bull fight inMazatlan back 07. I loved it. Drank Pacifico Clara and rooted for the bull lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  i like it when bulls kick shet back.

but its ethnic culture man. which america lacks of. everyone here is too damn sensitive.

i fought hybrid roosters in manila, it aint nothing.
                  Just because an archaic and barbaric practice is firmly ingrained into a specific culture that doesn't mean it should be viewed as acceptable or above scrutiny in modern society.

'Culture' is just a weak excuse primitive morons who engage in such atrocious behavior hide behind in order to continue to fulfill their blood lust.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    I was in Pamplona Spain and one of the Bulls jumped clean out of the ring.

It was like get me the hell out of here.

The Spanish told me bullfighting was a cultural thing and an art not sport, but I wasn't a fan.

The Bull and it's parts are eaten and it's balls for some reason (probably having to do with libido) were especially prized.

i've heard from multiple sources that bulls produce an ungodly amount of testosterone, which i'm sure you know is made in the nuts. it makes sense. bulls are mean as hell when they get riled up. at the right time of day they're docile, though.

Comment

Another argument often offered up by bullfighting apologists is that the spectacle offers the bull a "fighting chance" or that somehow the bull's death is more "dignified" than the deaths carried out in slaughterhouses. This is, of course, complete and utter bull**** that is easily proven false with a bit of research.

First, let's tackle the whole "fighting chance" myth.

It should be noted that it is precisely that - A myth. In bullfighting the bull can never actually win. In the event that it emerges as the victor in the arena, the triumphant bull is given no reward whatsoever. It's not awarded freedom. It's not absolved from it's supposed "duty" to engage in spectacles of cruelty to entertain it's audience. It's given nothing.

It's removed from the arena to heal it's wounds (which is rarely the case, as the animal almost certainly dies later due to injuries suffered in the arena), procreate with females to produce more offspring (which will also grow up to be victimized by human violence), and eventually return to the arena for yet another exercise in human cruelty.

They "win" nothing.

As for the notion that death in combat is more "noble" or "dignified" than death in a slaughterhouse - I fail to see anything worthy of respect or grand in appearance in regards to the prolonged suffering of a being that never consented to the violence in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X