Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A look back. Salido was a dirty cheating overweight POS against Loma.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    ive always been super skeptical that fight will ever come off....loma/lopez...

i thought arum said something about pushing it back to june or july or something....so if thats hte case i guess there is still time....but ive never thought that fight made sense from a company/TR perspective...

my guess is arum is hoping something will happen to derail it...i just dont think he really would want to make that fight
    I think money is what's derailing it.

Both fighters expect high purses, given this inflated boxing market. I'd say each fighter would want and deserves no less than 5 mil. It would have to be on PPV. I don't think it'd do that well.

The only question is: Is ESPN willing to invest in this fight? Let's see Arum's pull at ESPN. June or July is crazy. How long is Loma gonna stay inactive?
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 03-10-2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
      I really appreciated the magnificent body work done by Salido that night. I wonder why nobody has tried to break Lomachenko down to the body since? Also, best performance by a referee I have ever seen by Laurence Cole. That performance got him inducted into the referees Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        Majority of boxing fans put Loma as number 1 P4P right now so it's all good. It was a dirty fight by Salido but for all his amateur glory Loma was still a bit green as a pro. Shame he had to take an L but it's probably done him good, bet he learnt a hell of a lot from that fight.
        Most racist boxing "fans" to be exact

Comment

gotta move on man, Loma lost and bounced back

Comment

Originally posted by MEXICAN STYLE View Post
            Madison boxing supports Loma just because he's white. It's well documented here. Otherwise, he doesn't give a crap about the small guys. Loma is one of the good current boxers, nothing more.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 03-10-2020, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Madison boxing supports Loma just because he's white. It's well documented here. Otherwise, he doesn't a crap about the small guys.
              If memory serves me correct that clown w/ the name deathofaclown had a sig where all 9 fighters where Caucasian & Saul Alvarez was last despite G's crap Steve Rolls + Kamil fights lmao Madison boxing craps on black fighters and da other dweeb I mentioned had no African-American fighters on his list, a total disgrace.

Comment

If memory serves me correct that clown w/ the name deathofaclown had a sig where all 9 fighters where Caucasian & Saul Alvarez was last despite G's crap Steve Rolls + Kamil fights lmao Madison boxing craps on black fighters and da other dweeb I mentioned had no African-American fighters on his list, a total disgrace.
                Real fans know what's really up. Good luck to them.

Comment

Are you serious?

It's not Loma's skills and excitement to see him fight that built up his fanbase, but his skin color?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    It's something this era of fight fans needs to get over. Every time I see somebody get trashed for losing a fight the first thing I think is "it's a fight. It happens! Wtf is everybody getting worked up about?!"

But today people should be flushed down the toilet or something when they take an L.
                    Well said. I know I have respect for the crafting of someone’s career in boxing because a loss coming up can really set u back. Of course that reduces the chances of young lions fighting each other as a losing is more of a setback than the gain and the purse at that time. People had to tune into Floyd just in case he’d lose. Controversial or split decision losses eventually just get remembered as plain losses as time goes by. In mma records don’t really seem to count for much. Connor has two losses to nobodies. That doesn’t exactly fly in boxing and I can respect that. I’d like to see more risks taken in boxing for sure. I’m a huge Mikey fan and he took a huge jump and risk vs Spence but in the end the lack of competitiveness only set boxing back. I mean I don’t have the answer, there has to be a medium somewhere. I’m just happy Loma is fighting a young gun like Teofimo. But Loma will never be marketed like he could have been if he never lost to Salido. But I agree a loss shouldn’t be a death sentence not if there’s something we see in a fighter. Loses also equal experience.

Comment

Salido was a Dirty Overweight POS.

But I can’t even hate , What Salido did was the only way that he could win , He was never going to outskilll Loma , The only way was get down and dirty and use Lomas lack of Pro experience against him

end of the day it’s a fight and if the ref is going to allow it then I don’t really have a problem when fighters exploit it and Get dirty. Fighters like Loma & Mayweather are so skilled at Boxing that guys like Salido and Chinos only chance is to try and make it a actual fight which gets these great Boxers out of their comfort zone , they’re so good at their craft that they never have to get into a actual fight

Comment

Working...
                      X